Plans for the up comming race seasons

Wassup "D"! I didn't think of your suggestion was a "complaint" but a legitimate piece of input. As far as the FSC being exciting before, I agree totally. I gave up FSC racing before because to be competitive with a certain Red 69 Camaro was just too cost prohibitive for me at the time...And when Neil & Sam came out it wasn't much easier. But as of now the field is catchable (except maybe Naka's in the future) and the ET's are closer. So your car for example when you come back out is going to be very competitive. But however, physics unfortunately show that unless some of the GN guys step up their cars to the level you have, they will have a hard time keeping up with some of the V-8's. Your guys cars have a definite cubic inch disadvantage and not to mention the hefty weight of a fully loaded GN. This is and always will be your gang's shortfall & I have no real idea for a feasible solution because not everyone can afford to throw the massive amounts of cash it costs to build a GN up properly. Like I said before, get your whole gang together and brainstorm away! :confused:

Fastest Street Car Shootout

While we all have reasons to gripe, the gn guys did have a meeting with me last year and they said if I made them a class they would support it. They told me they would bring out 12 to 15 cars, so I told them we could have a Q-8 and the remainder of them would be in the brackets. WEll 6 showed up and then 1 broke so they had a total of 5. This last FSCS a turbo guy walked up to me and asked me about the class and I told him if you guys all come out and you have enough cars I would make class for you guys. there were 4 of you. IF YOU GUYS WANT A CLASS YOU NEED TO SUPPORT THE CLASS. 4 DOESN'T SOUND LIKE YOU GUYS ARE VERY SUPPORTIVE.

TO THE GUY THAT SUGGESTED THAT MY CHECKS ARE NOT GOOD WAKE-UP *******. I ALWAYS PAY IN CASH AND AT THE BIG BUCK SHOOTOUT I PAY IN CHECK AND NEVER NEVER HAVE YOUR CHECKS BEEN NO GOOD. DON'T CONFUSE ME WITH JASON SKAGGS WHO RAN OFF WITH ALL OF YOUR MONEY AND MY RENT AND INSURANCE AND POLICE AND ELECTRIC MONEY. i RESENT WHAT YOU SAID GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

PaulG

Hawaii Raceway Park

Re: Fastest Street Car Shootout

Originally posted by hrp
TO THE GUY THAT SUGGESTED THAT MY CHECKS ARE NOT GOOD WAKE-UP *******. I ALWAYS PAY IN CASH AND AT THE BIG BUCK SHOOTOUT I PAY IN CHECK AND NEVER NEVER HAVE YOUR CHECKS BEEN NO GOOD. DON'T CONFUSE ME WITH JASON SKAGGS WHO RAN OFF WITH ALL OF YOUR MONEY AND MY RENT AND INSURANCE AND POLICE AND ELECTRIC MONEY. i RESENT WHAT YOU SAID GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

PaulG

Hawaii Raceway Park
nobody said your checks were bad. As far as I know, I dont think your name was mentioned about not paying the winning at the pro-imports.

Bad Checks

TURBOJOHN you live up to your name troublemaker. To bad you can't remember what you postedon another post about not accepting my checks ***hole.

WHERE DOES IT SAY DON'T ACCEPT PAULS CHECKS? IF I MEANT DON'T ACCEPT PAUL'S CHECKS,IT WOULD SAY THAT. I JUST MEANT TO GET CASH BECAUSE THERE WERE PROBLEMS IN THE PAST, MAYBE NOT WITH FSC BUT JUST IN GENERAL . I HAVE NO IDEA WHO WAS MAKING THE PAYOUTS FOR FSC BUT IT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU PERSONALLY.
BTW, I GUESS THERE IS AN ******* HERE BUT ITS NOT ME

GIVE ME A CALL IF YOU LIKE 386-0333

Re: Bad Checks

Originally posted by hrp
TURBOJOHN you live up to your name troublemaker. To bad you can't remember what you postedon another post about not accepting my checks *******.
Paul G. hey, no ones starting anything here but you. John simply replied that there are no âsshole here. you called him an âsshole. do you even know John? I dont know you, nor why you've come on our board to start flames. I'm no moderator on this forum, but please keep it civil!!!!!

Originally posted by TurboJohn
WHERE DOES IT SAY DON'T ACCEPT PAULS CHECKS? IF I MEANT DON'T ACCEPT PAUL'S CHECKS,IT WOULD SAY THAT. I JUST MEANT TO GET CASH BECAUSE THERE WERE PROBLEMS IN THE PAST, MAYBE NOT WITH FSC BUT JUST IN GENERAL . I HAVE NO IDEA WHO WAS MAKING THE PAYOUTS FOR FSC BUT IT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU PERSONALLY.
BTW, I GUESS THERE IS ******* HERE BUT ITS NOT ME

GIVE ME A CALL IF YOU LIKE 386-0333

woops, too late :p

Paul G

Lets not worry about the Turbo 6 class unless we get enough to run in that class. We need a class to fit in for most of us. And NOBODY said your checks are not good? Who said it?

Gee, it's getting hot in here!!!! Let's all meet at Electro's and cool off:D

I understand where you're coming from Paul. Les, and a few of us were working with you to get us a class. Too bad we can't fill the field and we should work on that.

Could we discuss the power adder thing though? If we're running a stock to a certain size(not out rageous) turbo, then run no power adder class. We're already at a disadvantage with 6 cylinders and CID.

As far as the check.... I got paid in cash from Paul, oh yeah, and thanks .:D

Paul.

I don't think that John either implied or stated that your checks were no good. Rather, I believe that he was just using a bit of sarcasm, after what had happened to the "money winners" at the last Pro Import. Notice the ;) at the end of his post. :)

I agree with you when you say that there are simply not enough of us running. Many of our cars are still broken, and some of us simply cannot attend the events due to work, or other commitments. If there are enough cars entered in the events, will the class then be reinstated? :confused:

Bottom Line. No one appreciates being called an A-hole. This kind of statement will only lead to hard feelings, and wil get us nowhere. Instead, let's have something POSITIVE come out of this thread. :)

Aloha

Originally posted by TurboV6
OK:D Which bar? :eek:
either or :rolleyes: sundance got pretty dancers but rawchy hosts [key "hosts" not hostess...i dont like guys serving me :mad:] electros got ok dancers but pretty hosstesses :D like Alisha Kai! YAY!

about the track, we need to sanction bottled beer drinking.

WOW, picking on us again. Well, bring it on and let's see who gets to the finish line first. It's been a while since I've checked your board and I'm glad that you all are concerned about your racing for 2003.

It's now January and I've not heard anything from Ed Douglas recently. I think that his proposal for 2003 is not going to be worked out. So, that leaves the Streetcar Shootouts and Pro Import races outside of the Pro Gas series.

What can be done to get more racers and spectators out for the FSC Shootouts? Man, that's a nasty question. What was done when the place was filled to the gills? All I remember was that I would try to qualify for the Quick 8. If I made it, I was usually number 7 or 8 and went out in the first or second round. But it was cool. The whole trip was fun and just being party of the event was a turnon. How do we get back to that? I'm all for a class like Outlaw. Everyone knows that you need really fast cars to get the spectators out. It's the classes below that most of us are jocking with. Any proposal to Paul for class addition or change should bring out additional racers, not just shuffle or detract from existing classes and racers. I've got questions as many of you do, but I don't know what the answers are. Good luck to us all.

I was talking to some club members last nite....either ernie or chad....they had emailed ed douglas about the upcoming 2003 season if they will have a domestic race like what was discussed during that winter meeting at blasidell park...and ed basically said paul had said no to what ed was trying to organize...

so this is basically what we are down to....2 fastest street car shoout's....1 IDRC race this coming feb. and we shall see what pro import series does to us...do we have a series? or are we denied

see yah all at IDRC ....and have a trouble free race!

I heard there is going to be a muscle car shootout at the Big Isle on July.

well...big island is ed's domain...perhaps we can get a big discount if we ship a whole bunch of cars over to race with them....just an idea...

That's not a bad idea. My car should be running by then. My fingers are sooo sore from being crossed so long and tight. About the IDRC purse for High Tech Quick 8, I believe that the total payout for the class is $2500. $1500 for 1st, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd and 4th.