PL - Aux board connection

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
@TurboBob
I realize it would be cumbersome to pretty much impossible to field retrofit PL units, but wondering if there is a reason PoE is not used instead of the bulky PS2 for the Aux board.

Would be a lot simpler for cable replacement, and more cost effective for everyone?

the Mini Din8 was chosen for availability of connectors and cables. There are other choices I'm sure, but I'm not sure they would be better.

Retrofitting is certainly not practical, if there were strong reason to make a change in a future revision, we can talk about that.

I'm not aware of anyone that needed to replace their cable.

Bob

Thank you Bob.
I am confident you have spent many hours and sleepless nights developing the current configuration which works without doubt.

I was simply thinking about cable availability and cost. It has been difficult to find a short cable for the current setup. The current cable is a bit long and thick imo, making it cumbersome to work with.

yeah, I have a few hours in all this stuff... :)

the cat5 cable is not much thinner than the analog cable I think, but the connectors might be a little smaller.

what length cable do you want? most guys just tuck the extra length up under the dash. but the cables are available in 1foot , 3 foot, and 6 foot lengths (and longer)

its actually an Apple serial cable (not Imagewriter) cable, not a PS2. so its not exactly hanging on the wall at the local Walmart, but easy to find with a little digging.

Bob