Pinks @ rt 66 2010

Boy I'll tell ya what, this could be good. We can really make a impression on Pinks.

Tom, you need a cage bro! You would be all over this! ;)

We all need some cages. As much as I hate to do it, I think I might have to. There is a place down the road here that do some nice work. I might have to go get a estimate. ;)

I can pretty much bet the farm that Tony Shoaff will be there with his new combo. :cool:

Let's get as many TB's as we can together for this. I think we can get an easy 30 maybe 40 Buick's here. Yes, no? :biggrin:

Boy I'll tell ya what, this could be good. We can really make a impression on Pinks.

We all need some cages. As much as I hate to do it, I think I might have to. There is a place down the road here that do some nice work. I might have to go get a estimate. ;)

I can pretty much bet the farm that Tony Shoaff will be there with his new combo. :cool:

Let's get as many TB's as we can together for this. I think we can get an easy 30 maybe 40 Buick's here. Yes, no? :biggrin:

I agree:D There are allot of fast TR around here locally.

hey rick when you get a quote let me know.i already have a cage just need it burned in.
i think it would be bad ass to have bunch of TB.show up.we would probally cover all et brackets i would think someone would end up in the finals.

hey rick when you get a quote let me know.i already have a cage just need it burned in.
i think it would be bad ass to have bunch of TB.show up.we would probally cover all et brackets i would think someone would end up in the finals.

well i'll cover the slowest time;)so you guys wont have to worry about that bracket:eek:

Where is Turbocliff, Spot my 6, TurboT990? We may have to kidnapp them and take them along.

Here is the only way I could do a cage because I use my back seat way too much to loose access. Remove them to cruise and put them in to race.

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 385
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 394
Wow very nice who did that cage? looks great and good idea for removing the bars when cruising;)does the cage go back to the rear trunk also?

Where is Turbocliff, Spot my 6, TurboT990? We may have to kidnapp them and take them along.

Here is the only way I could do a cage because I use my back seat way too much to loose access. Remove them to cruise and put them in to race.

That looks cool but I dont think you can have a removeable bar in the main hoop. You'd have to check the rule book. Joliet doesnt bend rules like Byron does either!

That looks cool but I dont think you can have a removeable bar in the main hoop. You'd have to check the rule book. Joliet doesnt bend rules like Byron does either!

Your prolly right. They would laugh at the tiger cage. :eek:

Wow very nice who did that cage? looks great and good idea for removing the bars when cruising;)does the cage go back to the rear trunk also?

I did a search in the saftey section using rear seat bar. I'm not sure if its legal either and I know how strict 66 is. I would bet it would fly at Da Grove, Byron and 41. But, none of them could handle a Pinks All Out crowd. I'm going either way. If I get lucky enough to get put out I'll just say, "I've been put outta much better places than this dump!":tongue:

Guess I have to take my stock T Type. Don't go to the track enough to cage my GN. Cages officially make the street car into a race car, even though it was probably a race car before the cage.

all we need is for some of the guys from Chicagoland Chapter GSCA to jump on the band wagon:biggrin:
maybe Heavy D,can post some thing up their,i for one cant do it for the simple fact that i forgot my user name ect::eek:Looks like i need to talk Shari or loyd.:wink:

Cage

i you guys need a cage, i got a 85 monte with cage, with built 350, built trans, dana rear,it is for sale.

I found a guy that has a mobile setup on his truck that will come to you to put the cage in. He came over yesterday to look the car over and gave me a price today. Here is a copy of the quote he sent me today.

The breakdown of cost for the GN would be.................

$1400 for the cage, 4130 Moly tube, and welding materials (you supply your choice of swing outs). Alston swingouts at the following web address https://www.secureway1.com/alston/index.php?productID=168
$190 if you wanted the X-brace in the trunk off the down tubes.
$20 per corner tubular gusset on the halo if you want any.
$90 for a rear cross member (although the Anti-roll bar would serve as this in a way).
$75 to come back later and make the back brace removable
$125 to weld in the TRZ anti-roll bar.
$225 to box and tube brace the lower control arm torque boxes

All tubing would be 4130 Chro-Moly aircraft alloy. 1.625 diameter, .083 wall thickness. Copies of Mill reports would be available upon request if needed for Tech.

As for a schedule, just let me know when is good for you. The only day that is out for me is Saturday. Other than that, I am flexible.

Let me know if I forgot anything.

It was nice to meet you man!

Thank you,
Eric

This is alot cheaper than my other quote of $3500 and I would get to see the whole install. The only thing is I would have to have someone come take the windshield out and reinstall it. Let me know if you guys know any good glass people.

Also it would be installed in such a way that it could be removed as easily as possible if I choose too

I found a guy that has a mobile setup on his truck that will come to you to put the cage in. He came over yesterday to look the car over and gave me a price today. Here is a copy of the quote he sent me today.

The breakdown of cost for the GN would be.................

$1400 for the cage, 4130 Moly tube, and welding materials (you supply your choice of swing outs). Alston swingouts at the following web address https://www.secureway1.com/alston/index.php?productID=168
$190 if you wanted the X-brace in the trunk off the down tubes.
$20 per corner tubular gusset on the halo if you want any.
$90 for a rear cross member (although the Anti-roll bar would serve as this in a way).
$75 to come back later and make the back brace removable
$125 to weld in the TRZ anti-roll bar.
$225 to box and tube brace the lower control arm torque boxes

All tubing would be 4130 Chro-Moly aircraft alloy. 1.625 diameter, .083 wall thickness. Copies of Mill reports would be available upon request if needed for Tech.

As for a schedule, just let me know when is good for you. The only day that is out for me is Saturday. Other than that, I am flexible.

Let me know if I forgot anything.

It was nice to meet you man!

Thank you,
Eric

This is alot cheaper than my other quote of $3500 and I would get to see the whole install. The only thing is I would have to have someone come take the windshield out and reinstall it. Let me know if you guys know any good glass people.

Also it would be installed in such a way that it could be removed as easily as possible if I choose too

Tom , Pm sent