Pinks @ rt 66 2010

i was told that Route 66 Raceway requires a cage if you have t-tops:confused:so has any one heard differently?

Tom, we used M&M Auto glass out of Midlothian at the body shop. They have vans and will travel.

Make sure you get your headliner re-done before you put the glass back in. ;) You'll kick yourself when it starts to sag after the cage is in and the glass is back in.

I might go to spectate. The car`s not done, so I`m not going to race. Will probably bring it still, just for fun:D Plus I think its a little too-much work and money to put a cage in just for one race:biggrin:

i was told that Route 66 Raceway requires a cage if you have t-tops:confused:so has any one heard differently?

Not unless they added that recently which I doubt. We took a T Top GN there and Channel 11 filmed my buddy breaking an axle on the launch with a 17 inch street tire NOT A DRAG RADIAL EITHER! Track HOOKS! It was 7.5 rear and had seen plenty of abuse. I remember it had t tops because the owner had little kid shades on each top LOL!

I'd like to jump in here on the rollbar discussion. I have raced at Route 66 and I have t-Tops. The only thing Tech wanted was a fire jacket because I have an aftermarket turbo. Didn't say anything about a rollbar.
I hate to do it but I would like to get a rollbar just for safety sake and because I do have T-Tops which is about as safe as a convertable. Do any of you southsiders know about "Packman" racing? I heard he's not cheap but does excellent work installing rollbars. I'm not sure where he is located but I think somewhere around the Joliet area. Any feedback would be appreciated.....

Is anybody going to give it a shot? I just might have to cage the car after all:rolleyes:

Depends what class they choose. I have seen episodes where they choose the 9 sec cars and I have seen them choose 12 sec cars <---which did not have cages. Nonetheless, I will be there. Just turn the wick down Tom! Win yourself some money!