Pics of my LS swapped turbo 6 speed GN.

Stroker,have you opened the top ring on the pistons to .028,heard motors are holding near 1000hp with stock internals and just doing the ring mod to save the rod bolts from snapping....love your turbo setup,is a MP76 to much for that motor,hows spool...

Stroker,have you opened the top ring on the pistons to .028,heard motors are holding near 1000hp with stock internals and just doing the ring mod to save the rod bolts from snapping....love your turbo setup,is a MP76 to much for that motor,hows spool...

havent read anything on opening the top ring yet... must be something new. My 5.3 was bone stock with high miles, and it finally gave out on me so I'm gonnna just rebuild it. I aso used ARP rod bolts after reading the stock ones arent the greatest. The 76 is pretty much the perfect size for the motor, although i will be moving from a 38mm wastegate to a 60MM to keep from boost spiking and eliminate boost creep. take the engine to about 2000 to spool but is at full boost right around 2800 :D car also sounds like a 747 passenger jet in mid takeoff when it hits full boost as well ;)

My engine was also set up as a stock 5.3 with 317 heads. brought the CR down to around 8.5:1, and used arp head studs and cometic gaskets to keep from lifting the heads. new setup will be stock block and crank, forged rods and pistons and should max out at around 700 wth the turbo and 60# injectors I'm hoping.

Stroker-Ace...thanks for all the great info. Just getting ready to put all my list together and man this is gonna be fun. Post some pics when you get the rebuild done and back in.. Thanks again!!

If you don't mind me asking. What was the total price for your entire swap/build? Thinking of doing this in an N/A Car.

Thanks
Zack

Are you going to run a recirculation valve to keep the turbo spooled between shifts?

What kind of torque #'s do these ls motors make with the turbo's ?
I would imagine they are torque monsters
Does the v8's torque also help them spool quicker especially in the lower rpms.
these questions have probably been addresssed before,i just havn't read anything about the swaps in the past.

What headers are those? Do you only put the wastegate on one cross over pipe? I thought that usually it goes where it meets at the turbo flange. silly question lol