Pics from the race in Memphis

Dusty Bradford

Here's a few shots that a local guy took while at the race.

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

The Mustang of Manny Alvarez from HPP that I ran 1st round and the Camaro of Richie Stine.

DSC_0378.jpg

Brady and Tommy's Firebird. BBC with F3R on alcohol

DSC_0381.jpg

More pics. This is Terry Elams new Mustang. It was built by Mike Duffy race cars. Terry used to live here but had to move to NC with his job. This was his first outing with the car and managed a 8.02 at 185. The engine is a 410ci Ford with Victor heads and twin 88's. He has an extra crossover and downpipe so he can swap to a single turbo for different classes as well as run ladder bars or stock suspension depending on the rules. It's a piece of art from top to bottom.

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

There will be video. The guy said it will be a couple days before it was up. He filmed all of the radial tire racing.

Awesome pics Dusty, thanks for sharing!:cool: So how does it feel to run 7.70's and know you have some more left in it??:biggrin: :eek:

Looking forward to seeing the video:)

Part of me wants to hit another 1/4 track with a few minor changes in gear ratio and more boost. I know it's capable of a high 7.50 at 190. I was suprised when I found out it went 7.7 with me peddling it like I did. I would have loved another shot at the track because it would run high 7.60's with no changes. Just taking some more travel out to keep the nose down is all it would take. I am glad to go back to 1/8 racing though. Those speeds are too high for a car at that weight. Even though my roll cage is certed to 7.50 I still don't think there are enough bars around me if something were to go wrong. I got very lucky on my last qualifying pass. Terry's car blew an oil line off right after he left. No body knew until he got out to roll up his chute and he noticed oil everywhere. He did not have time to get to the ticket shack to tell anybody until after I had made my pass. My car was moving around alot more than I thought it should but I stayed in it thinking that was just the way it would feel at those speeds. When I got back I found out the track had oil misted on it. Tommy Brewer nearly hit the wall right after I made my pass. They cleaned it up after the others ran the right lane. I may take another shot one day but I'm in no hurry.

Yes that's Chad in the grey shirt, black pants. I couldn't have done any of this without his help.

He is good people for sure.
I just spent the last 10 minutes saving all your pictures.
There are couple good one of you under the hood.
It is really cool to see such detailed pictures of your car.
It is so simple compared to some of the other street cars in your class.
A nice ride for sure my brotha.

Thanks. Some of these "stock suspensions" are definately out there. The pics of all the cars turned out nice. The best thing about my car is no one takes notice of it because it does look so tame compared to the others....that's how I like it. The 7 second pass drew quite the crowd in the pits;)

Thanks. Some of these "stock suspensions" are definately out there. The pics of all the cars turned out nice. The best thing about my car is no one takes notice of it because it does look so tame compared to the others....that's how I like it. The 7 second pass drew quite the crowd in the pits;)

WAR Grandma Stealth!

The Red 4th Gen F Body is so complicated I might need a schematic of the stock suspension...

Don't let me down, let's see some video!

More pics. This is Terry Elams new Mustang. It was built by Mike Duffy race cars. Terry used to live here but had to move to NC with his job. This was his first outing with the car and managed a 8.02 at 185. The engine is a 410ci Ford with Victor heads and twin 88's. He has an extra crossover and downpipe so he can swap to a single turbo for different classes as well as run ladder bars or stock suspension depending on the rules. It's a piece of art from top to bottom.

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0337.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

See the goofy looking guy with his hat on backwards in the first pic...That's Mike Duffy...one of the best chassis guys in the country for small tire mustangs...His shop is just down the road from me...

Here's a vid of you spanking manny....

HPP 7.70 on radials - Video

your race is the 2nd one in the vid...

WOW Thats impressive!! Great job Dusty!! Hope you hit 7.50 soon, then 7.40 is only a tenth away?? Yea it never ends!!! Mike:cool:

See the goofy looking guy with his hat on backwards in the first pic...That's Mike Duffy...one of the best chassis guys in the country for small tire mustangs...His shop is just down the road from me...

Here's a vid of you spanking manny....

HPP 7.70 on radials - Video

your race is the 2nd one in the vid...

Thanks for the vid. There will be a better shot of it when Rob get's his video uploaded.

I spoke with Mike. He's nothing like I would have imagined judging from his rep and credentials. Very down to earth and super nice. His work on Terry's car is second to none. The layout and construction was top notch. I was very happy for Terry and his first runs. He has been waiting so long for this to come together. Terry spent a lot of time in your backyard during the building.