1st runs with the car

KC_ WE4

Last 2 weekends I took my turbo buick out to the local street spot to see what it can do.

1st weekend:
Ran a cammed and bolt on LT1 camaro. Once I got traction I blew past him.

Ran a 70's Nova with a 383 stroker. 1st race he had me by a half fender at the 1/8 and I was about to fly right past him if we had more room. 2nd race I launched with boost and just spun. He had me by a car with me gaining fast.

2016 v6 mustang with bolt ons and tune. I won by at least 3 cars.

2nd weekend: I was just planning on figuring out how to launch on these street tires and after a couple test launches on the way back a guy in a cammed, bolt on C5 ZO6 asked if I wanted to run. I pulled him from the start but he caught me at the 1/8 by half a fender at most.

I'd post videos but not sure this site allows it. I'm a set of drag radials from being a stout car. Still trying to figure out PL and make sure my car is running to its potential.

My set up is bout like yours +/- and it was no hooking the street BFG's , I just got a set of MT 275/50/15 SS/ET and love them and I'm sure other brands do the same . I did have to get some spacers , 1/4 " , They rubbed just a hair . Anyway good luck on the drag racing , Keith

Nice runs. Once you get drag radials on, that Nova will be in your rear view mirror. I have only had one set of drag radials, Nittos, and they are okay, but I think Mickey Thompson would be the way to go.

With your set up I think you should get in the 11"s pretty easy

Yeah, I think I may have converter and fueling issues, but even with those, I could have cracked 11's with a stickier tire. Oh well...maybe next year.

Last edited:
Yeah, once I get my Powerlogger setup, I'll be able to get a better idea of what I need. It never ends :(
That's the problem I'm having is the powerlogger. I'm new to turbo buicks so figuring the numbers out and where they should be and how to get them there is my challenge.

I'm shooting for a set of stock wheels with Mickey thompson ET streets. I tried them on my trans am and the difference between the continental extreme contracts I had on there was night and day.

Nice runs. Once you get drag radials on, that Nova will be in your rear view mirror. I have only had one set of drag radials, Nittos, and they are okay, but I think Mickey Thompson would be the way to go.

Oh ya, I needed 5 more feet of the line and both the nova and vette would have been behind me.

Oh ya, I needed 5 more feet of the line and both the nova and vette would have been behind me.

Yep, those new MTs will make a world of difference!

That's the problem I'm having is the powerlogger. I'm new to turbo buicks so figuring the numbers out and where they should be and how to get them there is my challenge.

I'm shooting for a set of stock wheels with Mickey thompson ET streets. I tried them on my trans am and the difference between the continental extreme contracts I had on there was night and day.

Yeah, it takes some time to figure them out, no doubt. You can always post up your logs here and people can help decipher them.

Post the videos!

I had a smilar set up to yours and I ran a new Zr1 while I was on DR's and 28psi out the TE44 and he got me by 2 cars....Win in my book!

A properly set up TE44 car is tough to beat red light to red light especially with ALKY! Nice runs!