Picked up an M&P 40.....

Madcat455

True love
While on vacation here in MI since the 1st, my dad and I were talking about guns... Like we usually do.

He mentioned getting the new S&W Bodyguard for my mom as a carry piece. She doesn't carry her Walther .380 cause it's too heavy.. LOL.

Anyway... So I started talking about the shield that I wanted to get... he said that his gun shop is right down the street, and we could go look (that shop only sells to LEO's and Military).

Get there, and they said they weren't going to carry the shield, cause there's not a LE version of it (or something to that effect)... so I looked at a fullsize 40 and the compact 40.

After feeling the compact, I can pretty much be sure I wouldn't have liked the shield... compact was too small for me, and the shield is even smaller.

So... I jumped and picked up the full size... and WOW, what a difference over my Beretta!!!! Just as accurate, quick initial and follow up shots are spot on (couldn't do fast shots with the Beretta, single action trigger, long and hard trigger pull because the hammer was traveling from it's resting position each time... could never get accurate "fast shots" out of it).

But damn!! That S&W is NICE!! I think I'm going to be a happy camper.

Picked it up for $455 (<--- That was a sign from GOD... LOL). Has the night sites, 3 15rnd mags, and the extra grips... although the small worked best for me.

Now just have to go through the legal mumbo jumbo of transferring it to FL.. .LOL. But worth it, as the local shops where I'm at were selling it for $600 with 2 mags and no night sights.

Having fun with it while in MI though... lol. Carrying the fullsize actually feels more comfortable than carrying the compact Beretta.... Go figure.

Now to go sell the Beretta for $300... and have less than $200 invested in the trade ;)

My wife bought me a M&P 9mm recently. She shot the 9mm and then shot the M&P 40 and loved it. Said she like it much better than the 9mm

I have the M&P .40 and love it! Out is my favorite pistol! A friends of mine had a huge collection and wanted to sell it sure to an upcoming purchase of an H&K. Well, I got it for $300, and only 300 rounds had been put through it! Score! That was several years ago, and since, that is what I always carry. I have several other pistols, but the accuracy and overall feel of the M&P put it head and shoulders above the others. Crimson Trace makes a laser for it that is really a grip with the laser integrated into it. Very slick. Been meaning to get one, but the GN always seems to be taking priority in the toy department! Enjoy it, I know you'll grow to love it like I did! :D

Tom

I got an M&P .40 S&M, too, just last January. Came with three back straps, two 15 round magazines, case, and the Crimson Trace Laser Grip........the gun is so easy to take down....can do it with eyes closed. The Crimson Trace is just awesome....fast acquisition of target is unreal!

It fits my hand perfect, just the right weight, and slim enough for conceal carry.....my wonderful wife bought me a Galco high rise belt holster for it and it doesn't even print when I carry..........I just love it, so comfortable that I forget sometimes I'm carrying it.

Really great gun for me! Sure is a lot more comfortable for carry than "Big Barky", my S&M .44 magnum....way, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more comfortable.:rolleyes:

Never had a chance to shoot the thing yet, as I've been so involved in taking care of my ill Mom. Hope to sometimes this year!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Just placed my order today. 498 for m&p .40 with 3 mags. Couldn't turn it down

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Anybody know where I can get the shield 9mm? Been looking for a while and only can find the .40