Picked up a 87 T on the weekend.

1pdqV6

I picked this up on the weekend. I sold my Barracuda, and was watching a few cars on here in the for sale section. But with the Canadian $ taking a dive , I started watching the local kijiji ads . This came up about a month ago, started at $9000 . Slowly dropped, and dropped in price. It needs some work, its from Alberta, and was brought up to Ontario a few years ago. It needs a couple spots patched in front of the rear tires, frame and floors are great It runs good, but needs lots of little stuff. But for the $6000 price tag I can live with the little things. I am talking to a buddy about repairing the rust, possibly a complete paint job. It depends on the price. I have 275/60x15 tires and some Draglites already for the rear, just trying to locate some for the front.

So what I am looking for - Burgundy shifter Handle
- Burgundy single piller pod ( do they exist ? )
- Shifter Cable ( its broke )
- Biggie oil filter adapter ( with oil cooler )
- Rear spoiler ( am talking to a member about that now)

Its going to look good sitting beside this.

Congrats on the new addition, too bad you had to part ways with the cuda.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Congrats on the new addition, too bad you had to part ways with the cuda.

Yeah that was kinda bittersweet. It was my dads car, we had it a long time, but it never got driven and I saw the value of it plummet over the last 10 years. So I figured I would sell it while it still had some value .I think I might have got lucky with this T, the guy I bought it from really had no idea what was done to it. He bought it, had some dreams and it just sat. I think the motor has been rebuilt, it starts up with 75 lbs oil pressure cold and warmed up idling it has 25 lbs (my GN has under 10 ). The motor is super clean and I see new gaskets behind the timing cover, and it looks new too. & I think the trans was done as well. When I went to look at it he had to plug the fan in because it would not shut off, after I bought it I unplugged the fan delay relay it and it cured that. Now the hunt for parts....

I spent all day compounding and polishing. Then I resprayed some trim, also added the GN rims. Its getting there...
a7abe7up.jpg

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk

Thnx buddy, I will b placing a order shortly. I like the quick emblems for the grill they have. I just ordered custom plates. All the good ones are gone. I did get 1TURBO T though.

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk

Nice, yeah getting a custom plate with something good on it that wasnt already taken is tough with all the people that have gotten them for their cars.