PCV Delete?

Ive ran the brass style ATR??? check valve in my car for YEARS with no problems.............

Yup that's exactly what I did tonight, but I was able to get it under the fuel rail with two 90* fittings. Decided to take it for a cruise and all was normal. BUT....the car broke down again tonight while I was driving this time! Luckily it was only like 1/2 mile from home and eventually I got it running and made it back. BTW, this also happened before I did the PCV stuff guys, so it's un-related. See post "Code 42 Experience" where I thought we solved the problem the other night, but apparently not :(. I'll take some pics of my PCV setup and post tomorrow night.

WTF thats with the new wires on???:confused:

pvc gone

Hey guys, here's a pic of my PCV delete. My car was having other issues we figured out, but now it's running fine with no PCV!

Attachments

• PCV.jpg
    PCV.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 407
Yes unless you have speed density and you surely dont need it if your changing your oil frequently. I havent run one in 7 years. No oily mess in the intake and one less hose to blow off or leak.
So are you saying with my mafless xfi, I need to run a pcv??

i dont think that is what he is saying. i run an xfi with the pcv pluged

So are you saying with my mafless xfi, I need to run a pcv??

No. Im saying it will cause pirate air to enter the engine via the open crank case deleting the breather setup on a stock MAF'd car. XFI doesnt care about mass flow read form a sensor. Only looks at the MAP sensor for the most part.

I plugged my PCV valve a few days ago and what a mess on the driver side valve cover.
So now I am going to get that "thing" that goes between my PCV valve and the Vac line.
But "No PCV" Does not work for me.

Do you have breathers on the valve covers or do you mean pusing oil past the gaskets?

I wouldn't just plug it, but you probably can. I prefer the little breather setup.

If you plug it you should run breathers on both sides.

Yes breathers on both sides.
The oil filled fumes are coming out of the driver side breather and making a mess on the valve cover, which will eventually make its way onto the header. And yes the pass.side breather is new and not clogged or blocked.

Would the small breather on the front of a stock valve cover (passenger side) be good as long as there was a breather on the drivers side??? Anybody using the brass PCV valve that RJC makes??

On recommendation of my engine rebuilder, I blocked of my PCV valve(...to potentially prevent back-pressuring crankcase during boost/PCV failure)...If vehicle is for frequent racing purposes, I completely understand this position...HOWEVER, the fumes were bad in the interior when coming up to a stop/moving slowly...obviously these fumes were/are not bad/noticeable during cruising--as they're swept away...

My PCV (new) is back-in now & no more fumes noticeable...I'll likely look for a check-valve for my crankcase anti-backpressuring insurance...

Several sides to each dilema,,,take your pick...GOOD LUCK!