Paint correction (buffing).

DeltaBravo

Retired U.S. Army/Navy
Just wanting to share my last 6 hours of fun today.

Cut/buffed out my paint today. Started with a medium pad and medium compound and finished with a fine pad and fine compound. Result are really good. I am very happy and love how deep the finish looks. I believe after a final sealant of my choice it will look amazing.

Some pics...
IMG_3708.jpg
IMG_3707.jpg
IMG_3706.jpg

What brand of compound are you using. I know my friend likes 3m products and like oil it is highly subjective.

Thats a nice looking job. I like the chemical guys products also. Get some tire black,that stuff is for real.

So...

Over all, it did exactly what the products said. My only regret is not buying the more aggressive compound. My paint was worse than I expected...much deeper scratches that the medium compounds couldn't get out. But hey...it ant no show car!

But I really like the results and will be correcting the paint on the Porsche you see in these reflections.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_16c0.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_16c0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
  • fullsizeoutput_16c1.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_16c1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 108
  • fullsizeoutput_16c2.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_16c2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • fullsizeoutput_16c3.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_16c3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • fullsizeoutput_16c4.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_16c4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
Ceramic coat it as a final sealer. I had mine done. So nice not to have to wax. Much easier to wash/dry now.

Would you mind elaborating on the products & techniques used?

Is this an original paint car, or re-paint?

Looks very nice!

Started working on mine this weekend.
iXDjSZ3l.jpg

Close side hasn't been touched, far side was so far with just using Meguires ultimate compound. Hard to tell in the picture but it is a good difference. The paint on the car is a nearly 20 year old cheap paint job so for what it is, it will look good even though it will never be as mirror like as a black car :)