OverDrive acting up.. Locks up after 2nd engages, stays locked 3rd and 4th..

87chrisss

BLUBYU
adjusted the brake switch getting only 6-9 volts on pin a and f on aldl connector car seems to ride fine until warmed up or after about 10min of driving after 2nd gear converter will lock and be a slug even if i drop to D (out of OD) still locks know what i have in mind is yes a short in the circuit but why only after 10-12min of driving does it do this? from initial start it wont do this....any suggestions? yes i nkow the computer wont lock till operating temp is @ 140 degrees....but seems like im going to have to run a switch to prevent the computer from locking early or? Tcc apply valve stuck? solenoid doesnt seem to be the problem..? should i swap a spare ecm?

If the solnoid is orginal replace it seen this exact symptom from the solnoid. It is cheap and easy.

might be a coincidence seems like it acts up when i have ac on? drove the car hasnt acted up again seems like when i turned the ac on it locks up early..drove the car just know and it was fine i had the ac off?

A borderline TCC could indeed act up with the AC on because everything gets a little warmer with the AC on
since the condenser is in front of the radiator. Before I knew the cause of my trans problem,
I noted on both my TRs that they were fine until they warmed up. I even installed a trans
cooler on one which helped a lot with the bad TCC. When I finally learned about the TCC
and changed them, all problems went away.

advanced auto sells the solenoid for like under 10bucks,thats where i got mine anyway or go with the TCC lock up switch its a little more cash but that will eliminate the problem. i did have a monte car slow ss back in 97 that locked up in third and fourth way early when it was hot with the ac on but i gave that car to my mom.:oops:

Either way try the solnoid,advance,or on line trans parts houses should sell the same universal one. Can still find a delco but they are pricey.