Outlaw 10.5 twin turbo

m.kasperan

This is my first turbo combo. BBC 485cid, Bid Duke heads, dry sump, Bruno lenco trans (3 speed) Twin GT4788 turbo on Alcohol no intercooler. This also my first time build header of any kind. On spray this motor ran 8.0@170 would like to go 7.20 or better around 195+.

Attachments

• Nova turbo's Nov 07 071.jpg
    Nova turbo's Nov 07 071.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 2,251
  • Nova turbo's Nov 07 070.jpg
    Nova turbo's Nov 07 070.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,376
  • Nova turbo's Nov 07 053.jpg
    Nova turbo's Nov 07 053.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 2,675
  • Nova turbo's Nov 07 055.jpg
    Nova turbo's Nov 07 055.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 2,362
  • Nova turbo's Nov 07 054.jpg
    Nova turbo's Nov 07 054.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,237
Nice Ride

Well I was goint to upload some images of a friend of mines. But my images are just too large by a little. He has a 598ci dry block water/alchohol injected motor. Which is built for 40lbs of boost also non-intercooled with a powerglide tranny. With a nitrous convertor and slipping tranny he went 5.13 (low brake):eek: in the 1/8th only at 13lbs. With a turbo convertor (PTC) (yell, Dusty) and a new powerglide and the same 13lbs. he went 4.80's.:eek: Each cylinder has twin injectors which feed 460lbs:eek: of fuel. It has twin 88's or 98's (I can't remember) and its on a 10.5w tire in the same of nova as yours.

But all in all you have a hell of a ride in the making and a machine that will be calling the wind hounds from hell!

That is a sick ride!!!!:eek: :cool: Considering the combination your goals should be a walk in the park when it gets sorted out.

Well I was goint to upload some images of a friend of mines. But my images are just too large by a little. He has a 598ci dry block water/alchohol injected motor. Which is built for 40lbs of boost also non-intercooled with a powerglide tranny. With a nitrous convertor and slipping tranny he went 5.13 (low brake):eek: in the 1/8th only at 13lbs. With a turbo convertor (PTC) (yell, Dusty) and a new powerglide and the same 13lbs. he went 4.80's.:eek: Each cylinder has twin injectors which feed 460lbs:eek: of fuel. It has twin 88's or 98's (I can't remember) and its on a 10.5w tire in the same of nova as yours.

But all in all you have a hell of a ride in the making and a machine that will be calling the wind hounds from hell!

The black Nova from down your way??? I think he has twin 47/88's when I looked it over in Phenix City.

Thanks for the kind words. It's MFI controlled with 24, 160lbs. injectors. The intake that on it now isn't the one I'm going to run. Like I said this is my first turbo combo, I think it has alot of potential. One of the reasons for running alcohol is to cut down on the weight, no intercooler and radiator. I don't have a place to put it away (rad).

Thats one super bad ass motor! I would love to see some footage of it when you get it running.

Thanks for the kind words. It's MFI controlled with 24, 160lbs. injectors. The intake that on it now isn't the one I'm going to run. Like I said this is my first turbo combo, I think it has alot of potential. One of the reasons for running alcohol is to cut down on the weight, no intercooler and radiator. I don't have a place to put it away (rad).

I had a feeling it was MFI. Did you buy the system from Dudley or one of his dealers? Alan is a great guy from here in my home town. He's been a big help to me.

I had a feeling it was MFI. Did you buy the system from Dudley or one of his dealers? Alan is a great guy from here in my home town. He's been a big help to me.

I bought it from Alan. Seems like a great guy, do you run his stuff?

Otto, you from CT? If so I think you bought my 26ft Black enclosed trailer a few years ago. What up?

I bought it from Alan. Seems like a great guy, do you run his stuff?

Otto, you from CT? If so I think you bought my 26ft Black enclosed trailer a few years ago. What up?

Alan's about as nice a guy as you can deal with. He helps me and several others since he's a guru on the 7531 ignition. I run FAST but almost switched to MFI last year. My issue was I could loose the intercooler weight but had to keep the engine coolant system since I run a small block and the heads still need water to stay cool to avoid warping, just not enough meat in them combined with the center exhaust valves being close can cause issues with no water. I also wanted to maintain some streetability in case I run some true street events. Alan has some new things he's working on that will be very good sellers when he finishes them.