• XRay clone

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters
:d

Attachments

• l_f87449eef25d9b0944edb7f89be876d0.jpg
    l_f87449eef25d9b0944edb7f89be876d0.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 287
To update this mess..... I just picked the car up yesterday (see picture) after being put on the backburner for 2 months or so :mad: I figured it was time to pull her out. Now to find another place to get it painted. That was all it needed!!!!!! Just the paint!!! For all the BS I was tossed into he did make it right at the end with the price..... The bad part is now I think I'm changing my mind again on what color to paint the car :eek:

Attachments

• 0803081816a[1].jpg
    0803081816a[1].jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 288
Gotta be patient with full paints... My GN took 4 months, my 4 another 4 months, and my current project ttype has been there over 2 months and they've just got it all to the metal.. I'll probably get it for christmas.;) No worries. Most shops make their money in insurance work so full paints are always on the back burner. At least I have more room in the garage..

BTW, I thought you were going to stick with rosewood. It really would look great on the car. I know you said you don't care much for red cars. Neither do I but a rosewood T is so rare to see that it really stands out. Besides if you hate it you can just sell it and buy something more to your liking... Good Luck

i would stay with rosewood, my car is the wh1 two tone and i don't like it much but it defenitely gets the attention just from being different. like they said you dont see may rosewoods and if thats the original color you can't go wrong really...just like me wanting to paint my wh1 white! lol....keep us posted.:cool:

Thanks guys! good points and the car might just still stay the factory color it's just tempting because of the stage it is in the color can be changed with little to no extra work at all. I think the only color I would do at this point is quick silver I love that color. We shall see I have a local paint guy coming to the house Friday to give me a price. I just want to finish the car up.

Just to clear it up the guy who had the car is NOT a paint/body shop owner.. He does this stuff all on the side. I could understand a full time body shop taking insurance jobs etc... but he put 3 other side projects infront of my car. I was the first one in before the others. He told me the car WOULD be done by may 16th for OC week. It wasn't so no biggie he felt bad and said give me just a tad bit more time a week or so then it all stopped. I could deal with it taking longer then I would have liked if he would have just communicated like he did from the get go. The problem was he would never call me back or email / text me back after I attempted to contact him a number of times. When I first took the car to him he would call me all the time with updates and I need this or that for the car. Even a just to let you know I haven't had a chance to do anything call would have been nice. It's like he fell off the face of the earth. I'm just glad that dealing is done, Like I said he did make good on his bad but still cost me alot of headaches and a whole summer for use of the car. No sense in dwelling in the past! I just wanna get this painted so I can get it back together :D

Well.... I picked the paint 09' M.B. Iridium Silver Metallic :cool:

Attachments

• Iridium%20Silver%20Metallic.jpg
    Iridium%20Silver%20Metallic.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 206
You can't go wrong with Mercedes silver. When are you going to have it done?

That silver just jumped out at me :biggrin: I knew it was the one! I took it to Kenny on Friday and he told me about 2 weeks. He is also going to put all of the trim back on bumper to bumper. So thats the goal! I can't wait this has been a long project!

no pics but rosewood here

Maybe I'll try to send you a pic. I had it repainted a little darker than rosewood and has black out with maroon interior. The paint has a bit of metallic in it too. I get a lot of compliments and you won't see any other like it. One of a kind is the way I like it.

Almost done!

24 hr fresh paint! 5 coats of paint and 3 of clear :biggrin: Now to get this bad boy back together!

Attachments

• 0822081221[1].jpg
    0822081221[1].jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 0822081221a[1].jpg
    0822081221a[1].jpg
    67 KB · Views: 190
  • 0822081223[1].jpg
    0822081223[1].jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 193
color

if ya care ! the pics of the black cherry looks really good i would go with that since your orig. color is close to that .less work and cost maybe than a complete color change plus that color is one you dont see to much if at all ! just my 2 cents !!:D