Votes: 35 46.1%
  • Quick silver

Votes: 34 44.7%
  • XRay clone

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

87GN_ponykillr

Buick addict
If any one cares to chime in, I'm looking for opinions of colors I have selected to paint my T. The car now is a faded rusty fugly maybe once rosewood red The car has all burgundy interior. I'm thinking about going with a quick silver or arctic white. My other thought was maybe an X Ray look alike. All white with flares and fender vents. What do you all think?

Attachments

• l_63970d7f57c2080510d8c89a9384e4f1.jpg
    l_63970d7f57c2080510d8c89a9384e4f1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,784
I will be taking my factory silver car with the black out to this color in the future. Its a factory paint code WA8772 ROSEWOOD :)

BW

Attachments

• S5030018 (Small).jpg
    S5030018 (Small).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,723
  • buick (Small).jpg
    buick (Small).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 3,218
I will be taking my factory silver car with the black out to this color in the future. Its a factory paint code WA8772 ROSEWOOD :)

BW

I agree! I love this car! I think silver is better on cars with gray interior. I'd go with the white, blackout trim, and chrome bumpers with an 86 grill.

How close does Rosewood look to the pics in real life? In other words are those pics a true reflection of the color in person?
When I did my Cutlass I liked the way dark red / burgundy looked in pics but it was a trick of the camera. In person it was darker and more brown than I wanted so I went with Sienna Pearl, a Chrysler color.

BTW, I vote white. When you see one of these all clean and white the word that comes to mind is "crisp" or "clean"

Nice Cars Bryan..:cool:

The rosewood car isnt mine, it was car of the month here last month or the month before. My cars are in the photogallery, just click my username and check profile, i think it takes you to the gallery. I havent uploaded pics of the TTA yet Here's some TTA's for sale... - Turbo Trans Am Forum

87GN_ponykillr I think olds443 has it right about certain colors being "crisp" that is the exact reason i posted the color of the rosewood car, it appears crisp to me.
White would look real good with the blackout
BW

May not be what you want to hear but I'd go with a fresh coat of rosewood. There's tons of white and silver T's out there but only a small handfull of rosewood cars. It really stands out and apart from the crowd.

If those are the only colors your looking for, then I think silver with the blackout is nice. I have burgundy interior, so I stayed with as close to original as I felt I could and went a different shade of burgundy. My color is Black Cherry Pearl. Its bright burgundy in the sunlight, and a real dark burgundy, almost black at night except where the lights hit it.

How close does Rosewood look to the pics in real life? In other words are those pics a true reflection of the color in person?
When I did my Cutlass I liked the way dark red / burgundy looked in pics but it was a trick of the camera. In person it was darker and more brown than I wanted so I went with Sienna Pearl, a Chrysler color.

BTW, I vote white. When you see one of these all clean and white the word that comes to mind is "crisp" or "clean"

The pictures of my car make it look dark (poor quality camera phone) In real life you can tell the car was more then likely a rosewood or the burgundy has faded that bad. Its very light with no metallic. I like rosewood cars and red but it is just a bit to much with the interior being all red. I know it would be more unique but I have always liked silver and white ttypes.

Bryan, As always very nice cars!!! You have some of the best looking TR's in the US. I see what you guys mean with the crisp look it is a nice refreshing change. I have always owned dark cars. As of now my bird is a dark navy blue metallic and the GN black of course so I want a light one.

Ttypex1 - Your car looks great also! I was checking out the pics when I first picked this T up. First thought was to stay with a rosewood or burgundy. Good colors but not what I'm feeling on this car. Just an individual preference I guess.

Thanks for all of the input guys!!! I always mill things over millions of time in my head when it comes to my cars and respect what others have to say :cool:

Another vote for Rosewood. :smile: It's a rare color that you don't see very often and it will complement your interior color well.

I think it's funny that the owner didn't even as about Rosewood. Check out the poll;
White
Silver
ALL White

Not on the pole but definately ROSEWOOD!!! If it had to be one of the poll colors, I'd say white but I'm a little partial to white since my Limited is White with maroon interior and blackout!

455 car...not a Turbo... but...

... another vote for Rosewood.

Attachments

• 455regal.jpg
    455regal.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 4,156
LOL some Rosewood fans I would say ;) It's not completely out of the option list and it is a great color.... But the colors I posted are what I like. I've never been a huge "red" guy. Maybe if the interior was not red I would consider it more but I don't want a bloody mary car :eek:

white with matching bumpers would look sweet...silver is nice but agree it wouldnt look right without gray interior!