One HELL of a weekend!!!

Madcat455

True love
So, back log...

Girl I've been dating for the last 5 months, is cleaning out her house.

Her EX was an abusive alcoholic who just took off 2 yrs ago... anyway, since we're serious, and getting ready for her to move in to my place... she's going through all her crap, getting rid of stuff that she doesn't need... tossing stuff, selling stuff (guy has a CRAP LOAD of MINT Lionel trains and such.... have to see market value on that).

While cleaning out her closet Thursday, she calls me and asks if I need any bullets. She found 2 boxes of .38 special bullets in her closet. I asked her where the gun was, and she said she made him get rid of it years before he took off (alcoholics and guns.. not a good combo). So I took it, figuring I'd sell it to someone.

Today, we're cleaning out another corner of her garage (he's a pack rat).. and I look up on a shelf and say "hey, that looks like a gun box", pointing at the unique blue box. I get it down, and she asks if it's heavy enough to have anything in it. I, disappointingly, say "no, it's too light" (cause it was very light). She laughed.

So I opened it to see what's in there, and there in the original packing... sat a S&W M60 model .38 special. Thing looks to have never been fired.

She said "well, that just made your day didn't it" and laughed. I was like "yup" as she was telling me to put it in my car..

So, now I have to figure out what to do with my first "wheel" gun... LOL.

I'm still in shock that it was there. But I guess I shouldn't be, beer goggles make you do stupid shit... I couldn't imagine what it'd be like wearing them permanently.

Anyway... I had a good weekend.. LOL.

Sounds like a good find. However, word to the wise. Who's to say he doesn't sober up someday, call the cops and report that his ex girlfriend stole his revolver. Then you guys get a very unpleasant visit by your local authorities. Bad day for you guys. Just looking out for you.
Good luck.

Sounds like a good find. However, word to the wise. Who's to say he doesn't sober up someday, call the cops and report that his ex girlfriend stole his revolver. Then you guys get a very unpleasant visit by your local authorities. Bad day for you guys. Just looking out for you.
Good luck.

X2!!

Nope.. She got ALL of the assets in the divorce... so it's all good.

His tools are legally hers as well... much more money in those than a $400 gun... LOL.