Once again, more shows....

Curless Auto

I can't help it, I'm wracking the miles up on our X! Last weekend I went to a friend's housewarming party and then out to a local Fri-Sat hang out. About 125 miles or so for the day. The party went as they normally do, lots of people I don't know, etc etc... but to over hear the comments about the car, everything from who's old Buick (yes they said it) to do you know what that car is? Then on to the hang out, which is a Sonic restaurant. Tons of people there, no room to park... till a friend looked up and offered to move his car just so we could park. Then the crowd descended on us. The questions, comments and general admiration of the car was pretty cool. The one question that threw me was a young man who asked if I was building a drift car... I answered no... and asked why... he said, "well it did not come with those fender flares from the factory did it? Why else would you put them on there?" I laughed, and explained that it did come with the flares... I guess I need to remember that his parents are my age so he has no clue what that car came with or not!

Next day we took off to another cruise in about 100+ round trip miles as well. This time to a town I have not cruised to before. Two firsts for me at this show, "is it real" "it can't be real" and "where is your trailer"! The last one cracked me up!~ Lots of head nods, etc etc... It's very humbling to have people go out of their way just to say "nice car"...
IMG_20160522_185523481_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160522_185326647_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160522_191011657.jpg

I can't help it, I'm wracking the miles up on our X! Last weekend I went to a friend's housewarming party and then out to a local Fri-Sat hang out. About 125 miles or so for the day. The party went as they normally do, lots of people I don't know, etc etc... but to over hear the comments about the car, everything from who's old Buick (yes they said it) to do you know what that car is? Then on to the hang out, which is a Sonic restaurant. Tons of people there, no room to park... till a friend looked up and offered to move his car just so we could park. Then the crowd descended on us. The questions, comments and general admiration of the car was pretty cool. The one question that threw me was a young man who asked if I was building a drift car... I answered no... and asked why... he said, "well it did not come with those fender flares from the factory did it? Why else would you put them on there?" I laughed, and explained that it did come with the flares... I guess I need to remember that his parents are my age so he has no clue what that car came with or not!

Next day we took off to another cruise in about 100+ round trip miles as well. This time to a town I have not cruised to before. Two firsts for me at this show, "is it real" "it can't be real" and "where is your trailer"! The last one cracked me up!~ Lots of head nods, etc etc... It's very humbling to have people go out of their way just to say "nice car"... View attachment 280943 View attachment 280944 View attachment 280945

If I had it, I'd roll that puppy till the wheels fell off! And I'd enjoy the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks out of it in the process too!! Which is exactly what it sounds like you are doing!

Man, I have been filmed going down the interstate (no joke dude filmed me for I know 10 miles), I've been pulled over by Sheriffs deputy (just so he could check it out), asked for rides / talked to virtually every time I put gas in it, had to make my way through a crowd gathered around it (the one time I took it to Wally World and parked in the back 90) and answered questions at every show (even though I'm not showing). So if my Regular old GN car draws a crowd like that, then I can't even imagine what an X must be like!! Awesomeness Man!! Pure Awesomeness!!

Congrats beautiful car! Keep doing what you are doing! You only live once!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't that one of those limited edition Monte Carlos? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
If I had it, I'd roll that puppy till the wheels fell off! And I'd enjoy the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks out of it in the process too!! Which is exactly what it sounds like you are doing!

Man, I have been filmed going down the interstate (no joke dude filmed me for I know 10 miles), I've been pulled over by Sheriffs deputy (just so he could check it out), asked for rides / talked to virtually every time I put gas in it, had to make my way through a crowd gathered around it (the one time I took it to Wally World and parked in the back 90) and answered questions at every show (even though I'm not showing). So if my Regular old GN car draws a crowd like that, then I can't even imagine what an X must be like!! Awesomeness Man!! Pure Awesomeness!!

Congrats beautiful car! Keep doing what you are doing! You only live once!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! And yes, it's unreal the response it gets... My favorite comment is "I've never seen a real one before" that is my goal, to share it with everyone!

Boss 302 owner taking his display to the next level...that's a fancy stand he's got there.....:rolleyes:

Boss 302 owner taking his display to the next level...that's a fancy stand he's got there.....:rolleyes:

The reason for the sign is to tell the story of the car, it's a real deal Boss and it's a barn find! 100% original in every way!

Bring it to the GS Nationals in Bowling Green this year. Last year they had a trophy for the best GNX, but there wasn't a single one entered in the show. It would certainly get attention there. Thanks for posting the pics. Keep 'em coming.

Bring it to the GS Nationals in Bowling Green this year. Last year they had a trophy for the best GNX, but there wasn't a single one entered in the show. It would certainly get attention there. Thanks for posting the pics. Keep 'em coming.

WHAT?! No GNX's at the nats??? Are ya kidding me??? I have pics from 97 and I bets there was 20 or more all lined up!

Yep, not a one in the show. I did see one tucked away behind this chain linked fence, but it wasn't in the car show. That was my first one I ever saw. I was disappointed as of all the places you would see one. Most of them are tucked away in their garage tombs somewhere!

Yep, not a one in the show. I did see one tucked away behind this chain linked fence, but it wasn't in the car show. That was my first one I ever saw. I was disappointed as of all the places you would see one. Most of them are tucked away in their garage tombs somewhere!

That's it!~ I'm going to register and get my hotel this weekend!

So I booked a hotel and then set out to find the info on the show... yeah... nothing is available online, made a phone call and got a guy on the phone who pretty much told me that I was an idiot for asking why they don't post online... I was told that if I wanted any info I had to join their club and get the newsletter... I HATE car "clubs", always have...less than impressed with his demeanor...