Olds Cutlass blowthrough

quick79

here are some pics of my almost completed project. I am waiting on the pipework to return from the coater and then I can fire this baby! What do you guys think?

Attachments

• newturbo.jpg
    newturbo.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 449
  • newturbo1.jpg
    newturbo1.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 452
  • newturbo2.jpg
    newturbo2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 444
  • newturbo4.jpg
    newturbo4.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 457
  • newturbo3.jpg
    newturbo3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 444
Looks great!:cool: How about some specs on the motor?? Also, got any exterior pics of the car itself? If so, please post 'em up!

sure man! The engine is a 406 SBC with a 3/4 fill of hardblock
Eagle 4340 crank 3.75 stroke
6" Power Detroit 4340 rods with ARP capscrews
JE Extreme dish Pistons
Cam Motion solid roller .258/.252 .706/.683 114lobe center 110 IC
AFR 220 heads
Super Victor intake
750 Holley
MSD BTM
Borg Warner S400 turbo 76mm with 1.32 AR
Tial 50mm BOV and 60mm wastegate

Here are a few nitrous pass pics and a few of the car.

Attachments

• DSC00149.jpg
    DSC00149.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 388
  • Sept 29-Oct 1  huntsville.jpg
    Sept 29-Oct 1 huntsville.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 372
Looks to simple to be a turbo car;) 4 miles of piping are missing.

I'm ready to see it's first passes very soon. See you in H'ville.

Quick 79,
I was wondering what happened to ya. That engine compartment looks awesome. :biggrin:

HaHa another turbomustangs.com member making his way to over here :D ( Im dying to bulid a v8 turbo car will be doing so within hte next 1-2 years hopefully)

Car is coming along nice man!

Thanks for sharing..

Sounds like a nice setup and it should definitely haul the mail when you're finished with it!:cool:

Wow, that looks like one of the nicer blowthru setups that I have seen!!!:eek: Also, sounds very nice as well.. Good work:cool:

yeah I will be there on Friday afternoon. I will call your cell when we get there. I hope the weather holds out for us! later, Cory

OK. Call me when you get close. I'll be there with a Mustang on Thursday for a track rental also and will try to block you off a spot.

that would be awesome. I believe my cousins and uncle will be bringing it down before I get there but I will tell them about it and I can still call you when they gat close even if I'm not with them. They sould be in a new grey/tan dually and grey28' enclosed. Thanks, Cory

What a Killer car. Wish I could do that to my 79. I just lack the money, and my frame is a tad too rusty to try and do something like that.