Ok boys and girls, time for some info.

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
Sad to say, I'm an old man now.:( For those that pay attention to me, I tried to take a sabbatical but Chuck Leeper got sick and I came back to cover him. A few members have asked me if there was something wrong and a few know that I've had some health issues pop up in the last few months. I've never had an issue with the heat here in Texas, and prefer it above 90 degrees in most cases. This year, however, I've had several issues, which include sweating like a race horse in the last 1/4 mile, and being very short on breath, at anything above 85 degrees. Started about 2/3 months ago when I was driving home from work and felt like I was about to pass out. Never had any issues with my blood pressure, but it was way to high. 140/120 so I went to the DR and started take BP medicine. A couple of weeks ago things still didn't feel right and was still having trouble breathing, and felt like my heart was trying to jump out of my chest.

Well tomorrow I'll be going in for stress testing and don't know if I'll be on tomorrow night or not. Looks like there's some sort of partial blockage in my heart.:mad: We'll see what's going on tomorrow, but if I don't get on again, I wanted to say, thanks guys.(y) Most likely I'll get either a stint or a bypass, but if the worst comes up my friends know who gets what and I wanted to say, this is the best board on the net.:D I know I'm being a bit morbid but mortality catches up to all of us sooner or later, and I've cheated the hangman more that a few times.:ROFLMAO:

I'm signing out for the night so if I sign back in again you'll know I'm still here. Sorry for being a killjoy for the weekend but you never knows what can happen sometimes.:eek:

Holy $hit Charlie I really hope all goes well !!!!!!! Give me a call when feeling better so we can catch up

Hope everything goes well today. And you get these things under control so you can continue to enjoy life normally,good luck.

Get well Charlie! I know about the high BP thing. I'm on two BP meds myself.

Hope you get through this!! Its easy to get depressed/upset but give it some time you'll be back to your old self. I had a Co worker just went through this he is in his late 50's he was pissed off and scared at the sametime. Hope you have family you can fall back on to cause after your done the drugs and the health changes that you have to make are going to be the hardest part. Prayers sent man!!

Get well Charlie....it seams our bodies are like our Buicks.....always needing repair...;)

Felt the same way as you did 5 yrs ago.4 way bypass.Surgery is a piece of cake.Uti and blood infections after the surgery is what you watch out for.Good luck today.

Hang in there...get better, hope everything turns out ok sir.

A stress test will help get an ID on the issue.
Also, "walking pneumonia" can do this, too.
Age is certainly a factor, along w/ eating habits, etc. [NO SMOKING!!]
My bud, [only 42], just had 2 stints put in. 1 @100% blocked, 1 @80%. He's doing well
Bottom line: STAY ON TOP OF IT!!

I'm spending a bit more time on the board, now that I'm out of the woods...Dr took the drain out of my stomach, and turned me loose this afternoon!!!!!:smuggrin:
NE1 need some help, let me know.:D

Well the stress test wore me out and all the doc could say is that there is an anomaly in my heart beat. No explanation for the chest pains, short breath, and light headedness. Just makes me think there's something he's not telling me.

Hang in there Charlie !!!!!
Maybe too much of your bathtub brew ???

I wouldnt try to read too much into it until the Doc tells you something.

Bryan

Hang in there, Charlie. Almost bought the farm myself back in June when I decided to double up on my BP meds since my new meds weren't working like they should have. TTAowner should know, James, I thought you were someone else when I was talking to you at the CT Dragway reunion.

I have the same symptoms you have, had all the tests run and the docs could find nothing wrong. I'm thinking it's something to do with O2 transfer, either a lung problem or a blood problem. We just did Pike's Peak Monday (14,110') and I felt fine, but did Trail Ridge Road (11,950') yesterday and felt like cr@p. I don't think I should be this shortness of breath and low-endurance should necessarily be symptoms of age...

Take care of yourself Charlie. Get well.

Dude you have way too much work that needs to be finished before---
So stop slacking around in the hospital and get yourself fixed and back to working on them cars.
Get moving.
and get well