Oiling system, cooling system questions.

BLACK MAGIC RACING

formerly turbo_canuck
Ok, here goes, try to stay with me here, as i tend to run on sometimes.. :redface:

I have a duttweiler oil system on my stage 2 off-center. Herein lies the problem, Dan @ dls suggested to run the out (feed to block) line from the dutt. pump to the front oil feed hole, as the block was designed to feed from the front. However, the oil feed hole in the block is a lot smaller than the -10AN out from the pump. the oil feed hole on the BACK of the block though, is probably about a -8AN or maybe even -10AN sized hole. Where should i feed oil to the engine?

Another question is, i also need to oil the rockers externally through fittings in the heads (031's) as the pushrods are solid. Where should i get the oil feed for these? (left one's in front,right one's in back)

Also, for a pure race car, do you guys run thermostats?

One more... i have a meziere electric water pump. do i block off the water outlet on the back of the timing cover, that used to go to the heater?

Thanks for any help guys! I may just make it to bowling green after all! :biggrin:

Oiling

As far as your main feed to the engine, mine goes in from the front as stated from what Dan @ dls told you.
I also have the solid push rods and the oil is fed thru the rocker shaft assembly via braided lines. I haven't seen my engine in 2 years so I can't remember exactly where the feed for that is picked up on my combo, but alot of people know my situation with my engine lol.
I mainly replied here to give ya a bump up on your post, help him out fellas haha.