Oil Filter Question.

1pdqV6

I just picked up this regal T. The oil looks like tar in it. Now I just got it and am still trying to figure out what all is done to it. Near as I can tell the motor and trans have been rebuilt ( previous owner on had it briefly and could tell me nothing about it ) . Motor is freshly painted ( completely) and lot of new gaskets and timing cover looks brand new. Now I plan on getting the biggie oil filter adapter in the near future, but I had to get this black tar out of in now. I grabbed a filter quick a Fram , I know, I know its garbage . I have a Napa Gold on the GN. Anyways catalog called for a 3387a which is what I bought. But I just pulled a 3980 off of it ? What is correct? Th Fram website said that the 3980 not correct. What the heck is going on ? I want to use the correct one, this is going to be just a quick oil change , then the adapter will be here and I will change it again. thnx , Dave.

OK after some more searching I can answer my own question. And I did look before but obviously not in the right areas. The 3980 was used on the 4.1s and is a replacement filter that can be used on the 3.8s. Correct? Dave.

Stock AC filter was a PF47. The larger one used is a PF52.
These cross to Farm PH3387A and PH3980

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The easiest way to get the long filter is to get one for a 94 s10 blazer 4.3 VIN 'W'. Even better is to get a 'biggie' filter kit and pick up a little more efficiency.