Oil Fill

R

RoadRunner_51

Being my first GN and first real project car in the last 10 years this question is going to be the first of many.

The OEM oil fill, was it a long plastic piece, white and up and away from the valve cover ? OR is this some aftermarket gum and popsicle stick special done by the kid I bought it off of ?

I ask because it is lose and seems to be connected back to the air system for back pressure off the engine ?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated !

Yeah the stock deal is a piece of sh!t. It is a long tube that angles up and has a tube connecting it back to the induction system. I'm not too big on venting hot crankcase air back into my intake. Likely the grommet is toast and it moves a lot, doesn't stay in place, makes a mess, and just plain sucks. You may want to try customising that piece somewhat. I made a new rubber seal to hold it on, cut it in half, then mounted a K&N breather on the top of it. Putting the breather directly on the valve cover sprayed some oil everywhere, so your best off using the existing fill tube to make your own custom breather.

Most of the time that little port on there to take pressure out of the motor is plugged up...if you think about it:

What would happen if a glob of oil went thru there and entered the turbo.....Glob of oil+Turbo spinning at 100,000 RPM=bent fins, and something you dont want.

I got rid of the stock oil fill, and in its place a put on a valve cover breather..it looks nice, and it is easier on your engines gaskets!

Just block off the two ports (one at the oil fill, and the other in the MAF pipe)

The stock oil fill was is a large curved metal tube with a white/tanish large top to it.

Hey Roadrunner. I've got some polished billet aluminum oil filler tubes & breathers in stock if you want to rid yourself of the stock piece. Herb, email me your address ASAP please buddy. Your ac lines are boxed up & ready to go. Thanks guys.