OEM Black Paint Match ?

KWIKR 1

Who has the best match in a rattle can for a OEM black ? want to touch up a few spots on rad support . Thanks .

I bought the cheap crap spray paint at Meijer and it looks great. It says it's gloss but it's closer to a high satin. Perfect on headlight bezels. It's called Touch 'N Tone. About $1.50 a can, unbelievable how good it looks. It comes in black or white, haha.

Who has the best match in a rattle can for a OEM black ? want to touch up a few spots on rad support . Thanks .

Hi Tim,

I re-did my rad support over the winter. Was contemplating removing it and having it bead blasted & powder coated at BrightSide Customs in Brooklyn, but in the end decided to leave it installed on the car and re & re on my own. I sanded it down by hand to the bare metal.

I used SEM black self etching primer #39673 followed with several light coats of SEM Trim Paint #39143 (it is the correct automotive satin black) .
I'm very happy how it turned out.

The best part is that you can get this stuff locally! Any CarQuest will have it in stock or can transfer it in from their warehouse for the next day!

Here's a few pictures (not sure if the pictures do it justice though). I'll be out to the Buick meet on September 16th if you wanna see what it looks like?

dave

Attachments

• DSC01201.JPG
    DSC01201.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC01202.JPG
    DSC01202.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC01204.JPG
    DSC01204.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC01206.JPG
    DSC01206.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 136
1kwiksix that looks decent . you can see it better in the pics with the two cans . Thanks for info . :)