Now does this look like the wrong color!!

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
I got this head liner from, well let me first let me hear what you all think. I was told by this vender that my interior is fadded and the headliner is the correct color?? I find this hard to believe and after the third one I just put it in. It has been almost a year and still hate to look up when I get in.

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 595
Color is off

It's grey but looks to have a red tint. Looks like the wife washed it with her new red Christmas sweater. Doesn't even come close.

I was goin to add it looks more like the early cars (hot air's) ... I have one here that looks just like that :rolleyes: guess you can just have it recovered in the right color and a little advise.. DO the visors with it !!! :cool:

I've installed gray headliners that have a lot of red in them. I'm guessing the flash on your camera is exagerating the shade a little. To me it sounds like the guy doesn't know that the 84 cars use a different shade of gray. Probally sent you a headliner for a 85-87 car.:frown:

damn this isnt good. i just droped mine off at the body shop. i hope its the right color as i didnt even look.

to bad you posted this now! i just sold a totally mint condition oem gray headliner from an 84 gn (had those cool seats in it)for 100 bucks on ebay a short while ago. i tried selling it on gntype but never got a bite. i am sure you paid more for it than that and still dont have a match...... aftermarket venders can really suck at times!!! i cant find the right shade of blue sun visors for my ride, let alone a non faded blue back seat!!

Thanks anyways. I wanted the abs headliner because the stock ones mildew. Love the abs unit other than the color. I hope to have this fixed. I like this vender and don't want to say anything bad even after being told that it was correct. But if this goes bad I will let you know, though I don't expect it to.

I am real interested in how you make out with your headliner as I need one also for my 84. I have purchased two sets of T-top shades as well as floor mats and have found no one able to match the 84 interior.

Nothing like OEM!
The seat covers I replaced the ripped factory ones on my T has a slight green hue:mad: .

As stated earlier I think the flash exaggerated the hue. It looks just like a color for custom tweed interiors called 'Lilac'.

Seems like our a lot of our Buicks, mainly the T's, had different hues straight from the factory, especially the blue ones. It looks pretty close to what the original factory color was to me, I remember driving a real nice 84 and being taken aback by the different colors of the carpet, doors, headliner, and panels. Great color, but maybe the hardest to keep clean ever. :eek:

No not really. I am sure anyone who likes there car clean, does the same amout of work reguardless of the color. But I sold my 87 over my slow 84. Did all the mods to this car just cause of the interior. When I get together with other GN's, I am different then the rest. I like that. Was not a hotair fan (sorry guys) but I liked the car. With my new turbo, 72mm BB S trim, I have all the power I could want. So in the end, I got what I wanted in a GN.

Send your visors out and have them done in the same color as the head liner. ;)