Not so good first drive of the year. UPDATE 9/12/14 VIDEO

Ya, thats the plan for now. My Sister in law wants to start racing, so she will have my brothers W/T there to get here feet wet. He's got a 5.3 im gonna be helping him with for another truck for her to race later on.
Sounds like your gonna be racing here real soon! Very exciting

I'm a way's away but yeah I'm getting pretty excited to get my car going again.

I'll plan on coming up the 4th unless something comes up out of my control.

I'm running at Earlville for sure on July 6th and maybe the 5th as well if you guys are down. My buddy is shaking down a turbo V8 Grand Prix that day too.

I want to meet up with you one more time this year before you move. I prob won't have my GN done by then but let me know when your last track day is so I can make plans to come watch you run.

Thought I would post a little update.

All machine work is done, still need to clearance the block for the stoker and order main and rod bearings. Husek is working on that today. I had my Champion heads gone through also. Will be using the blue Viton seals and Daves choice of springs and hardware.

New T/A balancer

New double roller

TBP885 Lifters

Z06 MAF

Billet 218/212 Dave's grind

New valve covers

Stainless bolt kits from Earl

Oil pan stripped and tanked.

Stock headers planed

Coolant tube brazed up and painted

Champion intake tanked, painted and satin cleared as well as the upper plenum

New water pump painted and cleared

And whatever you call this is painted and cleared as well.

Just need to decide on a new CAI set up and do a few things to accommodate the new Te45a when it get's here.

I having my machinist button up the bottom end and install the heads before I bring the motor back to my shop. Last thing will be measuring for push rods and dropping the motor back in. Hope to have all this done by the end of the month.

I got the valve covers from Dave Husek as well as all of my parts.

Not sure on the disclaimer? To be honest I never read it until now.

I'm rounding 3rd base headed for home. My engine builder is clearancing the block today so hopefully have it back fairly soon.

The Danny Bee is installed as well.

Small set back, I believe the block etc is clearanced. Husek looked at the photo and called my machinist about balancing @ 50 or 36.6? Husek noticed is was probably balanced at 50 and it was. That would be just fine but since I'm doing way more street driving than racing and I run Poly mounts Matt is going to balance it at 36.6.

How Husek could tell what balance it was in the photo is beyond my comprehension but I'm still trying to figure out what a hashtag is?:confused::confused: So no surprise there.

No biggie and I appreciate Matt making the change for me. I'm still hoping for around the end of the month having it back in my shop.

Small set back, I believe the block etc is clearanced. Husek looked at the photo and called my machinist about balancing @ 50 or 36.6? Husek noticed is was probably balanced at 50 and it was. That would be just fine but since I'm doing way more street driving than racing and I run Poly mounts Matt is going to balance it at 36.6.

How Husek could tell what balance it was in the photo is beyond my comprehension but I'm still trying to figure out what a hashtag is?:confused::confused: So no surprise there.

No biggie and I appreciate Matt making the change for me. I'm still hoping for around the end of the month having it back in my shop.

Interesting! I've heard that balancing at 50 puts the throw on the vertical axis instead of the horizontal and is a little smoother with poly mounts, but I'm no expert. I'm sure Husek is steering you in the right direction. 36.6 is the stock balance.

I did a search on the board just to get a better understanding and 36.6 seemed to be what was recommended for street strip.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

One of the final pieces came today. Te45a Turbo from Husek. I believe Bison rebuilt this one. Short block and heads will be finished this weekend so once I get it back to my shop I will measure for push rods and finish the rest of the assembly. If all goes well I'll be on the streets in a couple weeks or so.