non Buick drivability/idle issue (98 Iz rodeo)

myclone

A bud of mines wifes 3.2L V6 5spd Iz rodeo has a weird prob that I worked on for about 6hrs today..

Heres the deal..... Intermittently when the truck is started it dies immediately. If you restart it the truck will idle at ~450rpm intermittently unless you tap the gas then the idle will settle back to ~750. Truck drives fine except for the crazy intermittent idle issue at start up.

Heres the kicker... Before he called me he had it to the dealer and a local shop for the repair and the only code they found was EGR. He had the EGR replaced which seemed to cure the prob for a couple of days then it returned. They also replaced a supposed leaking intake gasket and a bad MAF sensor. Once I got hold of it I found that there was a huge vacuum leak around two of the injector O rings. I cleaned all six of the injector bores and replaced the injector O rings which seemed to cure the start/die prob ~85% of the time as the truck still does it but not as often. I also pulled the IAC and cleaned it and the IAC bore which seemed to cure the start/die issue ~90% but....it still does it about every 10th start.

Heres something that has me wondering though... ~2wks before the probs started his wife was rear ended by another lady driving a little econo box that actually went UNDER the rear of the truck (~30mph impact). This makes me wonder if the impact didnt damage something in the fuel system. Heres why.. If you start the truck, shut it off, then immediately restart it no problems arrise. However, if you start it, shut it off, and then let it sit a while before trying to restart it then it will possibly die. Something else I noticed when I was getting ready to pull the injectors is when I used the shrader valve on the fuel rail to relieve the pressure there wasnt hardly any pressure at all. I got maybe 1/4 of a teaspoon of fuel and thats it. I didnt think much of it at the time but now a possible fuel drain back issue from the impact might just be the problem and all I really did was fix the dealership/local shop screw up on the injector O rings.

I dunno.. I didnt have my FP gauge with me so I couldnt check to see whats going on but if anyone else has worked on one of these things Im open for suggestions on where to look.