No throttle reponse

jim0207

INVNO1
It was 95 degrees outside, engine temp was steady at 195 degrees at 65 mph. Engine begins to stutter 1 hour into my cruise. I pull over to the side. Engine still idles but will not throttle up. Turn off the engine for a half hour and the car starts and run fine the rest of the day. This happened twice this summer. I did not have my scanner with me at the time so I have no numbers. Stock MAFsystem. What might it be?

It was 95 degrees outside, engine temp was steady at 195 degrees at 65 mph. Engine begins to stutter 1 hour into my cruise. I pull over to the side. Engine still idles but will not throttle up. Turn off the engine for a half hour and the car starts and run fine the rest of the day. This happened twice this summer. I did not have my scanner with me at the time so I have no numbers. Stock MAFsystem. What might it be?
Could the cam sensor cause this problem?

Doesn't sound like cam sensor to me.
Does the c/e light come on when this happens? Did you check for stored codes?

symptom of a fuel pump going out

Did you tap test the MAF? The check engine light flickers because the engine almost dies and then recovers.

I'm amazed how many replies were made and didn't mention the ign module.

Pop the coil pack off and see if the potting material is a slimy goopy mess.

That's what I was talking about. 13 posts before you mentioned the most likely culprit.

That's what I was talking about. 13 posts before you mentioned the most likely culprit.
Ok I get it now. Sorry about that Earl. Recently my ce light came on while cruising down the hwy. Car ran fine but I pulled off and checked the code. Turned out to be the ignition module (although it was not the module code). I shut the car off and had to wait 15 minutes for it to cool down before it would start again. So my symptoms were not exactly like the op's but when he mentioned having to let the car sit before it would start, I started thinking ignition module. The potting material looked normal on my module.