No start

Knux65

Had the car out for a spirited run the other night. Nothing out of the ordinary. Yesterday morning when I go start the car for work, it doesn't start. Radio, scanmaster, etc. all work fine. However it will not turn over. I had the battery charged last night, dropped it in this morning and the same thing. Let it sit for while, and the alternator doesn't feel warm. I'm wondering what the potential problem is. This is the first issue, and the car has always started right up. Thanks in advance.

First of all, define:
"Turn over"
and
"Start".

People get these two terms confused. If it doesn't turn over, that means the starter is not engaging and the engine doesn't "spin". If it doesn't start, this means it DOES turn over but doesn't run on its own. And, if it "attempts" to start, this means it sort-of, kind-of begins to start but doesn't stay running in its own.

Now with that out of the way, you should be able to narrow the symptoms down considerably. We'll go from there....

Ok sorry the starter will not engage.

This just happened to another member. He was fortunate enough to find that the lower battery cable to starter was not making a good contact. Check & clean both ends of your cables first. Make sure everything is clean & tight (including the starter mounting bolts) before assuming that the starter is dead.

Good luck
~JM~

I'd be willing to be there's corrosion under one or both of the battery leads.

I'll check those connections when I get a chance. Is that a likely source of the problem on a daily driven car? It's never hesitated to start before.