No start...All components

Donnel Childs

Hi
I'm having trouble trying to figure out what's going on with my car. It was running fine but it was time for a tune up so u decided to update the ignition module and coil pack also. Upon doing this is didn't know the ccci harness was different and blew out 2 crank sensor before I figured out what was going on. Now I have spark fuel and air but the car still won't crank. It's like it's trying to crank and it will but once I let go of the car it shuts itself off or just won't turn on completely. Also if I hold the gas pedal all the way to the floor I am occasionally lucky enough to get it to run for a couple of seconds but it runs terribly and backfires and if I put it into gear it automatically shuts off. If anyone has any idea of what is going on please help.

Thank you

I forgot to mention that once I figured out what was blowing the crank sensor I switched the ccci harness also to the 8687 upgrade for the hot air car from caspers

Did you check your cam sensor to make sure it's still good after what happened to those two crank sensors

Good advice ^^^. It might also be necessary to slightly turn the cam sensor as well. I've seen this more than once when switching out ccci modules.

I got the car to run once I switched the ccci harness I only spliced the wires together so it wouldn't run correctly. Once I soldered all the wires the car started and ran perfectly fine

I got the car to run once I switched the ccci harness I only spliced the wires together so it wouldn't run correctly. Once I soldered all the wires the car started and ran perfectly fine
Hey Donnel, I seem to be having the same problem with my car right now. My car was running before I decided to replace the Ignition Module located under the coil pack. The old one was leaking glue all over the wiring harness... which is making this really challenging. So now the car wont start at all and doesnt even sound close to firing. After doing a little research, I am finding out that the newer module is not compatible with the 1984 GN. I would like to know what you did to get the car running....... Thanks

If you switched the ignition module without changing your ccci harness then first your going to need a new crank sensor because you just shorted yours...your going to need the ccci harness adapter to switch to 8687, your going to have to use a 8687 coil pack and a plate adapter so you can bolt everything down

If you switched the ignition module without changing your ccci harness then first your going to need a new crank sensor because you just shorted yours...your going to need the ccci harness adapter to switch to 8687, your going to have to use a 8687 coil pack and a plate adapter so you can bolt everything down
If you dont mind me asking..... did you buy the adapter or splice the harness to work for the new module?

102086 is the adapter you wouldneed if you want to keep your existing ccci harness but if your wires are bad for any reason then you would need 108016 but keep in mind you have to solder all the wires for the 108016 in order for it to work