No start after Top end rebuild

LAMMONS0003

1984 T type 206/206 cam kit with lifters and springs from comp. fuel pump hot wire.
After doin cam break in and a several times of letting run in my garage i decide to go on a road test. I made it 4/10s of a mile before it died after sputtering and wont start for anything. I have spark and 38lbs of fuel pressure but dont think my injectors are cycling. I pulled a plug and it appeared dry as can be after several times cranking engine over. All i get is a few random pops out of the exhaust. I have set and reset my cam sensor several times. i am goin to adjust the air gap on my crank sensor also. What is the best way to test the injectors if they are workin properly. I have no codes also. I understand the cam sensor sends signal to the ecm thru the ignition module to power the injectors. Wheres best place to start?

1984 T type 206/206 cam kit with lifters and springs from comp. . . . . . Wheres best place to start?

There is a post with a "Crank but no start" link in the HA section in the sticky.
Alsi be sure to check the injector harness plug-in as it may have not been completely plugged in.

Put a noid light on any of the inject plugs ans see if is goes on.
If it does, you have injector pulse.

Start there and post back.

sounds like what happened to my car when the power connector at the ecm finally rusted enough from the water leak that the pin for the orange wire broke off inside the ecm plug.. i traced the water leak to a heater box that was paccked full of 25 years of crud, which caused the drain to not work. i took the oppertunity to upgrade to an 87 ecm and later on get a TurboTweak chip..
while you are doen there looking at the ecm plug, grab a test light and check for power at the ecm from the orange wire that goes up to the battery. unplug the harness from the ecm and see if there is power to the orange wire.

Alsi be sure to check the injector harness plug-in as it may have not been completely plugged in.

Start there and post back.

X2!! I did the same thing one of the first times i did a simple rebuild on my first Buick. The big white plug at the back of the intake under the coil pack. Its easy to forget when you are putting it all back together! Good Luck!

Guys the car has set for 3 or 4 days. I hooked up the battery and car started fine. Let it run 15 to 20 minutes shut it off and restarted with no problems. Guess I got a funky electrical issue. The nightmare continues. Prolly gonna start by replacing cam sensor and crank sensor. Then continue to replace electrical parts so I should have reliable car.

I had one in the past that the alternator battery cable was pinched and it would run and cut out. The cable was shorting out, but then everything went dead. I've had one that the crank sensor harness got pinched, would start, then it wouldn't. I have had one that a mouse ate the shield off the ecm battery cable (the orange one that goes to the battery) that was a fun one to track down. I know a bad ground can cause a ton of problems, especially behind the pass side head. That is all I can think of at the moment. The beer is tasting to damn good:biggrin: