No oil going into ta49 turbo

Brian Graphman

Please help....got 86 GN new TA49 turbo from limit and have no oil supply to turbo and oil is blowing out exhaust. Much help would be appreciated

Maybe the turbo drain isn't running freely? Make sure it's not kinked or running horizontally. You want it to be at as steep of an angle as possible so the oil that goes in the turbo comes out the drain and nowhere else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove the turbo and make sure you removed the rubber plug from the drain

Bryan

Thoughts?

Attachments

• WP_20141010_001.jpg
    WP_20141010_001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 184
Remove the drain and check for the rubber plug that is usually installed to keep the dirt out of your turbo

Bryan

Turbo had 100 miles on it and had no problem....one day noticed white smoke blowing out exhaust as I examined seen oil out the turbine housing so I took off and sent back to Limit. They rebuilt it or just exchanged it and I put it back on and same deal. Would it be a turbo issue or engine issue? I did buy it brand new from Kirban. Im a little confused on y it was ok for the first 100 miles and then now after warranty work from Limit and back on same issue.

In post #2 you stated it was coming out of the turbo. If you haven't verified it's not coming from the engine Id do that first. First take off the crossover and run it and see if it smokes. You also never stated what the failire analysis was when you sent it in

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I got oil from supply going to turbo. But as its running i see oil seeping threw exhaust housing. It defiantly smokes.