No O2 correction ????????

nightdiver

Hi guys,
I tuned up to 24 psi and i lost 3-4 gears:D
So i took the last dattalogs and finetuned some areas. Even with only the first two gears i decided to go around the block and see the driveability of the truck. She works perfect and just like that i got a backfire. I was lucky to have the dattaloger ready so i hit the spacebar and guess what.....the O2 reading was 13.1:1 all the time with no correction or any other readingthan 13.1:1.
This was last month and i started the truck again since my cryoed tranny parts started coming home:)
This time there was no correction and the afr was 12.2:1 with 14:1 target. The truck was 190*F hot and the WBO2 is on the downpipe about 6 inches after the turbine
Is my WB ready to go or its the ecms tricks again ?

I am having the same type or problem with mine. If I figure it out I'll let you know. The one thing I am going to try and do is clean my O2 connection, although it's brand new. It seems like only the FAST boxes have this trouble...no?

My Wbo2 connector is like new. I forgot to mention that i datalloged a 0% condition once. I dont know how this could happen, maybe they are all related:confused:
I use a lot of methanol under boost and i hate to destroy my motor by an ecm stacked to -9% correction

Mine is brand new as well... I just e-mailed a GCT and log to Mike at FAST. Hopefully he can help me out. If so, Ill pass it along. Have you gone out and read all of the help in the newest version of the FAST software? It might help you...

I'm not sure if my wide-band oxygen sensor is working correctly. How can I tell? (Back to the top)

- The first thing to check is for the appearance of a Lambda symbol (l) in the lower right-hand corner of the screen while online. This indicates that the O2 sensor is connected to the ECU and that the ECU is calibrated for that sensor. The sensor is not properly connected or the ECU is not calibrated for this sensor if this symbol does not appear.

- If the Lambda symbol appears, start the vehicle and look at a sensor called UEGOS (V) in the main dashboard display. This voltage should stabilize between 0.43 and 0.49 volts within 30 seconds of operation. If it does, it is an excellent indicator that the sensor is in good working order. If your sensor seems to be reading incorrectly but the UEGOS voltage is OK, this is most commonly caused by exhaust leaks, dead or misfiring cylinders, or air reversion in the exhaust pipe causing artificially lean readings. Engines with long-duration camshafts and/or large, open exhaust systems often produce artificially lean readings at low RPM.

- If the UEGOS voltage is out of range, the sensor will become inoperative. This could be the result of wiring harness damage, physical damage to the sensor, contamination of the sensor, or damage to the ECU.

-There is a heating element within the sensor that can break if the sensor is dropped or struck by another object. If this element is damaged, the sensor must be replaced. You can check to see if the heating element is broken much like you would check a light bulb - hold it next to your ear and listen for something rattling around inside the sensor. Be certain to hold the sealing washer on the end of the sensor or it too will rattle.

-If the sensor element does not appear to be broken, apply power to the ECU but do not start the car. You should be able to see the element glowing in the end of the sensor within about 30 seconds, and in 1 to 2 minutes, you should feel the body of the sensor getting very warm. You should also be able to look directly into a small hole in the very tip of the sensor and see the orange glow of the heating element.

-Carefully inspect all of the wires leading to the oxygen sensor and make sure that no wires have been melted or pinched. Also pay special attention to the connectors and be certain that all pins in the connector are securely seated within the connector body.

-The sensor element should become a light gray or tan color after a while. If the sensor is blackened by carbon or oil, this indicates an excessively rich fuel mixture and/or oil burning , which tend to dramatically decrease the life expectancy of the sensor.

-If the sensor has been exposed to any significant amount of antifreeze, it is almost certain to fail if it hasn't already. All oxygen sensors are highly prone to damage when exposed to antifreeze.

-Oxygen sensors are also very prone to failure when exposed to salt water vapor in marine applications. The water vapor will dissolve on the sensor element and leave the salt crystals behind, often leading to premature sensor failure.

- To verify that the oxygen sensor circuitry in the ECU is working properly, disconnect the oxygen sensor and observe the following sensors in the main dashboard display while online: UEGO (V) should read approximately 3.51 volts, UEGOS (V) should read approximately 1.02 volts, and UEGOR (V) should read approximately 4.98 volts.

-----

You would have to actually buy it for your box as they are serialized, but the above is an excert from the help section.

o2 correction findings revisited

I have come to a conclusion that you can have 02 correction , even with the afterstart enrichment present in the afterststart table, so it doesnt have to show 0, like it says in the help section. And with wamup enrichment present too. However the afterstart enrichment has to decay out to zero. What you need to do is log the aft correction and the cts correction and the o2 correction and engine temp. When the afterstart decays out you will see the o2 correction. Bring your decay rate down to about 10 at 80 degreess and about 3 to about 180 degrees. This is how mine is set and i have o2 corection happening no problems

1 make sure the o2 correction limits are set to +25, -25 for the fiest 3 rows of the table at least.

2. make sure the closed loop rpm limits are in spec or you wont have any correction. example low limit is 900 rpm and high limit is 2000 rpm. In this case there will be closed loop not until the engine sees 2000 rpm once then it will stay in closed loop until the idle drops below 900 then go back into open loop. It will not go into closed loop again until the engine sees 2000 rpm again. this is my understanding, someone correct me if I am wrong. So if your rpms are not right you will not get closed loop. So set them both to about 700 rpm this way your safe that you will get a closed loop idle.

3. make sure the closed loop box is checked, and the coolant temp is set to where you want closed loop to begin.

4. Make sure the o2 gain is set high enough to see corection happening in a short span of time. I would stick to about 15-25% max

Anyone have any comments, lets here them. Bruce?

I just don't know.. tonight I fire it up and seem to be getting some decent O2 correction.. I had to go and get some gas in a gas can. I come back and fire it up and nothing. I did accidentally wipe out some VE values in my table, but I reset them back as best I could (I'm only operating at idle or slightly higher). What strikes me is that I do now get some sporadic correction so I know I am in closed loop... it just never seems to be reliable.. I've tried adjusting my gain and percentage of adjustment, and I have made sure the there are no corrective adjustments of any type... I'm simply at a loss. I spoke with Mike at FAST today and ran a good log for him to look at tomorrow. I'm not sure what's wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's going to cost me a lot of money, like always.

Yours is a strange case i must say, but i have a worse problem. My o2 is completly shutting off intermittently, I mean it is vanishing from the program. The wideband symbol dissapears, and the sensor goes out of range. Let the car cool down and restart its ok. Or unplug the sensor and plug it back in and it works. I am at a loss here. Its not the connections i cleaned them and still does it maybe once a every 50 miles, then it works again, then it stops, a/f pegs to 9.96 o2 correction is -25% and the car runs like crap. Next day its fine. I have a feeling the o2 sensor is getting to hot and shutting down? Anyone else run into this?

Norbs,

That is exactly what I think mine is doing.. It definately has something to do with the heat of the motor or how long the O2 is operational. Early last night the O2 sensor was keeping pretty darn close to the target A/F. Then magiacally,,, nothing..... I'm going to talk to Mike today at FAST. What makes me mad is that I know I can tune my car if I can just get the O2 sensor to act reliably. Wow, talk about a quick way to ruin a motor... if that O2 sensor goes away during a run..... I think this may be a problem for FAST as so many people seem to have this problem..

I just came from my garage that i carefully watched everything.
The lamda symbol is on the uegos(v) was 0.47
My problem is intermittent is all i can say for sure.
Now for the 0% condition i mention yesterday...i forgot to write that it was for the tps sensor
Today the truck idled fine with o2 correction etc
I want to have it in closed loop under boost just in case my methanol injection fails, but now i dont trust the mf

Mine is intermittent too. FAST wants me to send my box back for testing... Well, there goes another week or two..

Yes i do
Ill email my gct file if you want. There is a lot of fuel missing in the boost area cause i use two #15 injectors in Julios kit (pure meth)

Are there any compatibility problems with certain versions of Windows and C-Com or C-ComWP? (Back to the top)
-We have tested C-ComWP with every version of Windows since Windows 95 and haven't found that any operating system will prevent C-ComWP from working.
-The DOS version of C-Com will not work with Windows 2000 or Windows XP. These operating systems do not support DOS applications.

But ...but...but i used the dos version once that i wante to see how the L button works:p
I got XPs:confused:

I am going to put an egt sensor where the sensor sits in the dp, it seems after long trips or a hot engine the sensor craps out. This gets me thinking it maybe be temp related