Nice pics of the cat today too!

FE3XOLDS

Ah out for the first time this year,,My 1985 FE3-X Darth Vader II Hurst Olds concept car,,,I'm in heaven

Attachments

• aAa100_2378.jpg
    aAa100_2378.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 287
I read about that car years ago, in fact i still have that magazine maybe car craft? Anyways those cars are so nice... :)

That is really cool, very nice job, especially on the details.

I like to do similar stuff. (home designed "factory like" models) I like to customize my cars to look as if they came from the factory in every detail.

This year I did a Regal GS, like an Olds 442, Monte SS, etc. Buick didn't make a G-body GS obviously as they had the Turbo Regal, so I designed and build the car GM never built.

1 of 1 :biggrin:

323GTX wrote...I like to do similar stuff. (home designed "factory like" models) I like to customize my cars to look as if they came from the factory in every detail.

In answer to your comment 323GTX(home designed "factory like" models)
The FE3X car isn't one of those, I'd like to take full credit but I can't. I can only take credit for bringing it back to an original piece of Oldsmobile History, which Bill Porterfield pushed me to do of Olds Engineering. My 2 1994 Cutlass conversions came to be because of my 1985 FE3X and done as you say
(home designed "factory like" models) done by my company Valenti/OSV Concepts.
Its actually was done back in 1985 and with a W25 functional ramair hood and W40 spoiler instead.. It was a one off done by the guys who made the original, and the only one sold to the public.
In 2000 Oldsmobile higher ups invitd me and the car to Sterling Hts , MI. to get pics of both cars together. It was awesome
I just had the original Cowl induction hood put on the car and the adjustable decklid extention . The decklid extention is the only thing I can take credit on. Its an improved design over the original.
The cars were designed by GM Engineering and Bill Porterfield.
Bill is a good friend of mine and been a big help with the car.
I did however design to 1994 Cutlass Converts into specialty cars with the help of Olds exec's. I didia Hurst Olds version and a 30 th anniversary 442. Both cars have Lightning Rod shifters and other unique features and appear stock as if they were production cars.
I did purchase from Olds the original Molds they had , excluding the rockers which were destroyed and sell them for the Darth Vader FE3X Oldsmobile what-a-be's. Below are links for the cars
http://www.freewebs.com/fe3xconcepts/purchasefe3xgoundeffects.htm
http://www.freewebs.com/oldsfe3x/
http://www.fe3x.com/

Will have all the info on these cars you need to know, and you can checkout my 2 custom 1994 Hurst/Olds and 442 Cutlass Converts, along with my recently restored 1983 Hurst/Olds.

Angelo Valenti

Attachments

• 547351_17_full.jpg
    547351_17_full.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 2145051_9_full.jpg
    2145051_9_full.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 547351_4_full.jpg
    547351_4_full.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 2145051_27_full.jpg
    2145051_27_full.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 125
  • 2144756_1_full.jpg
    2144756_1_full.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 127
The FE3X car isn't one of those

Yes I know, that's why I said "similar"

My Regal is a privately created factory prototype concept G-body, one of one.

The other is a corporate created factory prototype concept G-body, one of one.

Pontiac Fiero Mera was another interesting one, done by Corporate Concepts.

Could only be purchased through Pontiac Dealerships as a new vehicle, not a kit.

http://www.fiero.net/mera/article.html

Fiero PPG car was another, done by PPG, only 7 built, all went to Tech Schools, 4 have been found.

Lots of rare interesting GM car history in the 80's.

Pontiac Fiero Mera that car is kickass...what did that go for new from a dealership back then?

An 88 Fiero GT sold for about $18k... (pictures of my 88 GT, sold last year)

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/skybax/Fiero GT2/

A Mera rebody option was another $8k...

The reason it's not a "kit car" is most people don't understand how the Fiero was built. It was a 3000 lb steel tank, with a bolt on plastic outer shell weighing 175 lbs. (what Saturn uses today) Think of it as a Nascar racecar. So reguardless what you do with the outer shell, it's still a 5-star rated saftey construction. Like a Volvo. A "kit car" is a car you built, or chopping up a VW, completely different concept. (one is very safe, one is very dangerous, LOL)

Pontiac Dealerships treated it like a conversion van option. That way it still was a new car, still had a factory warranty, but they were able to wash their hands of any responsibility of copyright laws.

So when Ferrari sued, they went after Corporate Concepts, not GM.

Slick huh? :)

Ferrari demanded the Mera Molds to be destroyed. :(

What was that other Cutlass G-body, in the last years, 87-88, very rare model, silver with red stripes, similar to an H/O scheme?

<scratches head>

Seen a few for sale over the years. Last one I seen for sale was at a used car dealer, in IL, that always has a bunch of classic cars in stock. Their background for every picture on the internet has a yellow and blue vertical striped curtain.

L something? LV? LV88?

<scratches head>

PS: I had 2 Salons, 75 H/O, Trofeo, FE3 88, and Touring Sedan. Love Olds. :)