Newish Member from Western MA

Wheelman

Whats up guys. Just wanted to introduce myself and my car to the New England guys. My name is Mike and I live outside of Agawam. I own a 96 Viper GTS and frequent the Berlin Turnpike so I've probably seen a few of you guys down there before. Anyways, I bought a 87 WE4 this past April and needless to say the car needs some work and my lack of knowledge with these cars has ended up kicking me where it hurts.

I bought the car off an old man from New York and while I give him props for trying to do the work himself, he definitely didn't have the best craftsmanship or seem to know what he was doing. Some of the wiring he did looks awful, the fuel system is half ass, he installed a set of Hotchkis A-arms wrong, important sensors are in the wrong place... trust me I can go on and on. The car does have a a nice 153 Stage 2 in it but regardless the car is going to need some money put into it. The car is going to be a street/strip car and I'm going to primarily run it on pump and methanol. I'm going to do some of the work on this car myself and Brian Cotton will also be getting involved with it. Since I bought the car I have purchased: Eaton posi, Moser 31 spline axles, Mickey T's for the front and rear, Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Cell with an Eliminator pump, Razor's Alky kit and a Cotton's FMIC. I'll also be purchasing a TH400 and new turbo soon. I'm also currently looking into running a different intake setup as I'm not a big fan of whats on the car right now.
Here are a couple pics of the car when I first bought it.

WE4_1.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

Looks like you have a good start on the car. What color is your Viper? I am up on the Pike a lot, sure I have seen it. Did you happen to go to the Good Guys event held on Fathers Day weekend at the Big E?

There is a Buick only show this coming Sunday in Wallingford CT right off of Rt 15, about 20 minutes south of Berlin Turnpike.

I own the blue and white stripe one with HRE wheels. I didn't go to the Good Guys show because of work, hopefully I'll make it next year. I have drill this coming weekend so I probably won't be able to make it to the Buick show either :(

hello fellow Mass. person. Since your in Agawam your close to Cottons and they've been around the TB for a bit and you can't go wrong with working with Brian.
I'd like to see what you come up with. I'm not just talking about bolting stuff on but more of what was done to the tune as you get into it.
IBBY

hello fellow Mass. person. Since your in Agawam your close to Cottons and they've been around the TB for a bit and you can't go wrong with working with Brian.
I'd like to see what you come up with. I'm not just talking about bolting stuff on but more of what was done to the tune as you get into it.
IBBY

Brian is an excellent fabricator and has much to do with my parts selection. The car came with a B2B classic FAST so I'm probably going to use it for the tuning. I'm not very knowledgeable with the classic FAST but from what I understand it's still a capable means of tuning the car.

Monday, I pulled the headliner out for replacement and I think I'm going to continue to remove the rest of the interior so Brian can install a chromoly roll cage soon.