NEWBIE FROM NYC

LIVE4RDO said:
I'm going back to Jim soon for a new downpipe. If the OT stays up, maybe even an Alky kit :)

Good to hear. Im gonna have to wait a few months before i can get the alky kit. First thing is vacuuum brakes with an electric vacuuum pump for added assurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

I guess time for some updates.

New downpipe, TH style, custom ordered and installed.... you guessed it! Jim Dunn

New chapter is my GNX dash conversion:

This is going in:

Process:

Check out the correct mileage :)

Hole for speed sensor and inside was painted white for brighter illumination (tip found on this site)

That's it for now.

Started my next project:

1) take the old nasty rug out

2) clean up all the "benefits" of the North Eastern car:

with some help of:

This is where I am at right now:

Next steps:
3) take some wire wheel to the rest of the rust
4) POR 15 the whole thing
5) weld in GNX rear seat brace
6) replace all body mount bolts. Yes, just bolts. Can't really afford to change the body bushings right now, but since the floors are wide open, I want to replace the bolts. So in case the body nuts spin out, it is an easy access to cut the floor open and re-weld new ones in.

Stay tuned.

Here we go:

All body bolts were changed. I finally caught a break!!!! All bolts came out without spinning their nuts. So now I have to decide between rubber, polyurethane or polygraphite bushings.

3 minor spots were welded up,

driver's seat moved back 3"

GNX brace welded in

all cleaned up and ready for POR15

installed GM weatherstripping from Highway Stars

Everything cleaned and POR 15d

The interior shop ("Best Yet" in Brooklyn, NY) did an awesome job molding single gauge holder on the factory A pillar:

From this

and this

TO THIS:

And the rest of the interior is back together:

From this:

to:

looks any different?

check out the ScanMaster mount in the last photo

Moving right along!

Looking really good sir. Maybe over the winter I may por 15 the floor. Definitely gotta start doing it to the undercarraige, just don't know where to or when to start. Gets a little overwhelming.

Very Nice!!
How do you like the seat mod? I have been thinking of moving my seat back also just haven't done it yet.

Love the seat mod. Makes the car so much more comfortable on long drives and getting in and out.

Love the write up along with pictures. Very nice and simple to follow. Nice ride. Love the simple yet effective mods. 1 thing: any chance of a stock appearing radio going in?

Love the write up along with pictures. Very nice and simple to follow. Nice ride. Love the simple yet effective mods. 1 thing: any chance of a stock appearing radio going in?

Thank you. And, Yes, I'm actively working on returning my stock radio back where it belongs. Just need to refurbish it and add Aux input.

Here is my thread where I'm looking for a shop/person to do it
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/good-shop-to-refurbish-my-oem-eq-radio.402969/#post-3300800

What do you think it would typically cost to put that GNX dash together? Very nice work.

Going back to Jim Dunn this weekend for some go-fast treatment

1) TA 49

2) Alky kit with in-dash mounted controller

3) Adjustable fuel regulator

4) 60 lb injectors, with new chip

Stay tuned for more pictures

Stay tuned for more pictures[/quote]
Just the parts alone were: $999 for the gauges (eBay) and I think about $600-700 for sending units, overlays and other parts from Paul Castle World of Motorworks.

Much easier to buy the whole kit from him for $1995
http://www.worldofmotorworks.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=538

Just an FYI.....not trying to start any fights only trying to save someone from a possible bad decision. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/search/5888214/?q=world of motorworks&o=date&c[node]=60