New vids of Chris Chow's car.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixgun and Kshef, you guys are so dam narrow minded that you can't take what does apply to you and use it for good, you just knock a mans car, your right the engine isn't a 6, but everything else is exactly the same as your car, so get over the chevy fact
explain to me how what i said was narrow minded?
not putting him or his car down
a GN with a V8 doesn't do anything for me.....i just like V6's, diehard buick too
would you like if i took a GN and put a Honda 4 cyl in it???

i never said anything negative...now you're negative towards me??

To me it seems their criticisms are actually compliments. After all, they felt it was worth taking their time to post. I thought they were being sarcastic at first and was laughing.

I know one thing it's much easier to sit back and criticize than it is to build/race a low 8 second stock suspension car like Chris is.... All these guys that are talking sh!t about Chris should try and build a car like his before they pass judgement!!!

FWIW, I am also a diehard Buick V6 guy, but I can still respect/appreciate any car (regardless of it's make and/or what powers it) that is fast!!!

Don't ever say I'm jealous, I'm a hater. :eek:

It's his car he can do exactly what he wants with it. :)

I agree if I had his goals and no more Stage motor money I might do the same thing, but I wouldn't post the pics. here for sure, it's no longer a real Buick.

You ever notice he is smart enough not to post the pictures himself? Maybe others should follow suit. ;)

we all love the buick 6, its what started all this and what 99.9 percent of those on this board have, but when it comes time to build a race car, you have to asses your money, its 7-10 grand more for a stage engine vs a chevy, and yes this engine went 6's, but it can go 7's all day without danger of ruining it in a single pass, those that build cars look at what everyone is doing in order to get the edge, even the ricers, 4x4 and mustang guys have ideas, i belive the mustangs are much closer to a stage engine than a stock buick, and those that have built stage engines will probably agree, alot of people are quick to point out what isn't buick, instead of looking at what is, use chris's car as a mule to see what the limit is, where the weakness lie, and what must be done to continue to go faster with a stock chassis turbo regal.
Grant
ps, not going to stear this thread in the wrong direction by replying to the minority, i will pm if someone wants to discuss our views

Originally posted by 86brick
I know one thing it's much easier to sit back and criticize than it is to build/race a low 8 second stock suspension car like Chris is.... All these guys that are talking sh!t about Chris should try and build a car like his before they pass judgement!!!

FWIW, I am also a diehard Buick V6 guy, but I can still respect/appreciate any car (regardless of it's make and/or what powers it) that is fast!!!

Amen brother!

I have bad news about Orlando WSN.

If it would make my car run 8's and was cheaper than a stage motor you bet your ass I'd drop a honda four cylinder in it. You could cry about it while I was dusting your ass down the track.

I fail to understand how someone can love cars, no matter what their personal preference is, and look at a extremely fast and well built ride like Chris' and say it doesn't impress them. Why? Because anyone can do it? If so, then why haven't you?

If your too stupid to realize exactly what kind of talent and motivation, not to mention money, it takes to build a car like this, do you really think anyone cares about your opinion? Trust me, we don't. You are no different than all those car show morons who tell you all about your V6 being slow and you should have got a V8, it was an option ya know. Don't you hate those idiots? Yeah, so do we.

Cant you all see....... Ok, I will spell it out (J..E..A..L..O..U...S.)

Believe it or not, but This is a very common thing...

Im sure everyone one time or another was driving down the interstate and look over at a five hundred thousand dollor car and said something like (Damm rich asshole), Or drive threw the rich part of town and see million dallor homes and said (Must be rough, or why would you want a house that big...... ( Because they Can.....:cool: )

DOnt blame the two guys that bash this car everychance they get, Because thay cant help themselfs...:D :D :D :D

Matt.

P.S. I would love to own that car.........:) :) (Nice ride Chris...;) )

if i see chris's car go down the track....i think yeah thats a nice fast car, great
but when i see somebody like cal hartline's car go down the and rip off an 8 sec, thats another story

i like watching turbo buicks race more than i do nhra drag racing...yeah those drag cars are fast as hell
does that mean i am jealous...or "hating" on their cars?
of course not
****ing idiot

How is Cals car more impressive than Chris'? Not knocking Cals car, it is truely awesome, but I promise you theres alot more $$$ in Cals car. Lets see: Both use non stock blocks, non stock engine management, non stock transmissions, etc. So Chris's car sucks because he basically decided to use a different block?

Chris's car is faster, and he can race in a multitude of classes. Cal can race at Buick events. Sure, he can race in other classes, and has, but the car is not built for those classes and will be out gunned. I know Cal has raced in some non buick events, and done very well for what he has. But, the problem is, he is up against faster cars like Chris's. In case you haven't been to a buick race lately, they aren't exactly "packed", and there aren't big prizes and sponsors waiting at the end of the day. We should be grateful to guys like Cal for not giving up and racing Mustangs or something.

But, as I eluded to before, neither car is even close to stock, and therefor your brand loyalty biased argument is really invalid here.

Like others said, why not just shut up and stay out of these threads if you don't like the car? No one cares to hear your opinions, they would rather discuss and appreciate the car for what it is, without your comments.

HELL- O, IT'S NOT A BUICK BLOCK.
I respect the effort... but
by the way i raced sbc with my brother back in the 60's

Originally posted by sixgun86gn
(YAWN) I don't care how fast it is.Just some cookie cutter small block chevy car.Any idiot can build a SBC.But wait.....this one was bought.....from Bob Reiger who went 6s with it.....hmmmm....yep still sucks.

ummmmmm....cool dude. im sure any idiot can go low 8s in a stock suspension G body too... sorry to say but there are no v6s that have done that. and ya know what? it doesnt matter becuase its not about what motor the car has, its about pushing the limits of the stock G bod suspension. :eek: :rolleyes:

and if any idiot can build a 6 sec capeable SBC, why dont you build one genious.

Who gives a flying **** about the supposed "stock" suspension.Last Time I looked under my car it didn't come with a wolfe racecraft sway bar and arms.Yep I am a genious thanks for noticing.BTW I am too busy putting together a TA Aluminum motor right now so the SBC will have to wait I guess.As far as being jealous because I can't afford it I would guess that aluminum block cost as much as Chris' whole short block.Nuff said.

I often wonder if we would be having all these stupid threads about CC's car if it was a Camaro :rolleyes:

i wonder if we would be having this discussion if it was a mustang body with a turbo 6 running those times
Grant

I would still not really care about it if it was a Camaro.I said nothing about it not being a turbo buick.I said it was a cookie cutter SBC car.I would not be impressed no matter what it was.Re-read my statement.Now....if it went 6s like it did in Bob Reigers built chassis on the NEAR stock suspension without killing somebody I would be amazed.Personally I think the stock suspension thing is not only dangerous but foolish.

Now the mustang with a turbo 6 would be no more interesting to me either,because it too has been done,though not as fast.I like new things that have not been done or seen.Never been a big fan of doing things just because they are easier.I am not about giving up my goals just because somebody says something else is cheaper.

THE END....

Nick, Jesse, or Travis (njturbo) PLEASE lock this thread as I feel it has definitely run its course (gone way off topic) and all we have done is beat a dead horse (again and again and again.....):rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.