New to this Forum & Grand Nationals

3.8 TURBO LUV

Hello Everyone,
My name is Mike & I'm a new proud owner of a 1987 GN drivetrain. Here is a little info about me & my Hybrid project. I'm 35 years old, married to my wonderful wife of 13 years & we have a 2 year old daughter. I currently live NC & work as a automotive technician.
My Hybrid project is a all original 1979 Chevy Luv that my father purchased brand new. He gave me the truck & i decided to install a different drivetrain. The stock 4 cylinder engine runs good, but I wanted to make this truck into a sleeper. After a lot of research & bang for the buck I decided that a 3.8 GN drivetrain would do the trick. The GN engine should fit better than a 350 small block & with less weight over the front suspension it should make the truck handle better. I haven't driven a GN before, but I heard it's a blast so I'm looking forward to complete my project. Tell me what you guys think & looking forward to hearing from you.
Mike

Hello Mike, Welcome to the board. As with any new-to-the-Gn world, read, read, read..... This site is the best for info and Turbo Regal Web Site is great for a refrence material. This site is the best to ask questions when you hit a wall or need help with technical stuff. Again, welcome and good luch with your hybrid. Jon Hanson

Welcome, Im new here too, looking to possibly buy a GN, and learn as much as I can!