New Owner from Ottawa, ON

aufond

Hey,
been a member for almost 10 years without a TB of my own.
finally took possession of a 1987 Grand National with 16200 miles and minor tweaks

Car has the following:
catless exhaust - stock headers
Alcohol Injection Systems trunk mount system (not connected)
some type of boost controller
some type of chip that isn't stock
original bill of sale.

I also think the brakes are not the original powermaster.

I have been reading on and off for the past 9 years learning about this car with a future goal of owning one. Pictures/questions will follow

car runs very smoothly at the moment but will wait on a Scanmaster before putting any real miles on her.
goal is to have a bolt-ons street car that i will put 3000miles/year on.

Congrats on finally getting a GN. Try and get as much history on the car as you can. Work done, injector size, chip, fuel pump, etc. Can't wait to see pics.:)

Happy Spooling.
Mike Barnard

See pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123921746@N05/

is my fuel pressure regulator stock?
can anybody tell if the injectors are stock?
what kind of boost controler is on there?
is that a powermaster brake system?
is the Alcohol injection system worth it? i know AlkyInjection seems to be the choice for us TB owners, however, will this one work?

anything else you guys see?

Over all, It looks good. I see what looks like a LS1 MAF. It will most likely have a translator under the air filter. The aftermarket, adjustable fuel reg has some rust on it, but they almost never fail. I'm not seeing the alky system. I did see what looked like a small vacuum line coming off the up pipe. You do not have the powermaster brakes. It's been converted over to vacuum. Can you read a part number off the injectors? Boost controller looks to be home made, but I could be wrong.

Sweet!, good deal it already has the brakes done and by the sounds of it the MAF.

If you haven't already, do some reading here. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/ Once you get the scanmaster, Do the spring cleaning.
You'll want to give everything a once over before you flog the thing. These cars have a way of popping head gaskets, or worse if things aren't in good tune. You'll never even hear it happen until it's too late. When things are set up correctly, they can live a long happy life. Even with the boost cranked up. Knowledge and patience are the keys.;)

part number off the injectors
0 280 150 218.
by limited research, they seem to be the Stock Bosch 30lb injectors that come with the car.

Welcome to the club. Hope to see tou at local cruise nights around Ottawa.
Congrats on the new acquisition.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app