New old guy from Central Ohio

nibletoid

Hello. I am new to this forum, but have had this car ( 1986 T-Type) since June 6th of '86. She only has 44k miles and is pretty pampered. I am not sure where to go on this site for searches, yet, so I have a few questions.

Where can I buy a accumulator at a reasonable price?
What would be a good posi unit? Who made the stock units? The car has a open rear currently. I did find someone who sets up rear ends for racing applications.

Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome! New old guy.

Do a search on the specific forums on the tech info that you're looking for. There is all kinds of good poop there.

Hello. I am new to this forum, but have had this car ( 1986 T-Type) since June 6th of '86. She only has 44k miles and is pretty pampered. I am not sure where to go on this site for searches, yet, so I have a few questions.

Where can I buy a accumulator at a reasonable price? You can't
What would be a good posi unit? As already stated, an Eaton piece is the original and it is what you want.
Who made the stock units? The car has a open rear currently. I did find someone who sets up rear ends for racing applications. You do not need a "race setup" but rather someone that knows how to proper install a new carrier. If you are going to race the car, you should look into replacing the stock axles, install the larger rear brake cylinders and a line lock while you are at it, IMO. I can help you with this.:cool:

Any help would be appreciated!

Scott