New Member: Muncie,IN

Placed an order for a new alt from Kirban last night, should be here tomorrow!:biggrin:

Well folks the boss man has me working over time tonight :mad:

Let me know when everyone decides to meet up at the drags again, ill have my GN going by Monday night.

FINALLY! put in the alternator and knock gauge(which is faulty, pale LED's stay lit up :(). Also heading up to Elkhart,IN this Saturday to pickup GN front seats that are in better condition than mine. :biggrin:

I'll rep an RPM tee, how much :)

ALSO! 86 GN spotted just now on 28 headed towards Muncie Drags, who was it!? It was on a trailer and looked NICE.

The story behind my 87 GN.

Forgot to post this at the beginning of my introduction.
Just to give you guys some information on me and the history of my GN.
It is a long read.... Enjoy! :)

THE STORY OF MY 1987 GRAND NATIONAL

The car was purchased by my uncle (Warren Fields) in 5/31/94, at Bob Shrieve Auto Muncie, IN for $8,400. He replaced EVERYTHING on it, I have the receats for every order placed from Bowling Green Customs, Kirban Performance, and Stoops which in all totaled to $5905.01.
The rebuild and buying of all the parts went on till 11/11/96, which is the final order was placed to Kirban.
He was a traveling bricklayer so he used the time he had off to work on the car. In 97 the car was finished, just about every in it had been replaced besides the interior that was close to perfect. He liked to show it off, I remember being taken a ride in it and him doing a burn out in my parent's new home's driveway, my mom was pi**ed about that! Haha, the car won me over the first time I saw it. No other car had the affect on me. He used the GN as his daily driver to drive from state to state for work. There was NO WAY he was going to keep it locked up while he was gone after he dumped a lot of cash at the time to not enjoy it. :cool:
That summer while working at a job in St Louis, he and the guys he was working with car pulled to the work site from the hotel they were staying. The day they needed up not taking my uncle's car they came back to find it GONE. He notified the police and the search began. It was 2 weeks later he heard back from the police saying they have found it wrecked into a barbed wire fenced by a field. While searching for his car they had also found another GN that was burnt to a crisp in a field! :eek:
My uncle finally got the car back to his place and began to re buy EVERY part again. Those thieves really put this car through hell and back but my uncle was very determined to get it back to "show quality" again. He received a call from the St Louis cops a few weeks later saying he hadn't taken his new pair of shoes that were in the truck of the GN when he left (he didn't buy any shoes while in St Louis), those f****** thieves bought a pair of shoes and left them in the trunk along with the receipt! :mad: The police could not track them and that was the last that we heard from them.
While rebuild #2 began my uncle passed away in a car accident in the early morning of fall 97 while on his was to another bricklaying job.
The GN set outside at my grandparent place till late 99 when they decided to restore the car to the fullest. It was stripped to bare metal and repainted, it took 4 months but we wanted it PERFECT. The engine was also taken completely apart and was even looked at by Jay Milhollin. By June 2000 the total restoration was complete and me and my father took this car to almost every car show in north eastern Indiana till 2006, my parents split up and my grandmother passed away. She left the car to me, at the time I was 15 years old and the car set in our garage till I was 18. I drove it to high school my whole senior year (2009). The fall of 2009 I blew the block, two holes, one on the drivers side and one on the passengers side. I completely destroyed the engine, it was my responsibility to take care of the car so I did, I got it rebuilt after saving up $3000 to rebuild the engine and get a new Powermaster brake system since mine was shot from setting and not giving it the care it needed. after almost 2 years of setting I got it back and looking mean :D I plan on taking care of it like it should this time around. I still have a few things I want done that will begin HOPEFULLY by August. I'll also be taking it to several car shows and I'll be attending all the TR meet-ups possible at the Muncie Drags.

That's the story behind my GN, it has been through hell and back but it has NEVER and will never cross mine or anyone else's mind to sell it. You only live once so money dropped on her didn't and still doesn't mean anything as long as she runs and looks dammmm good :wink: :cool:

Hope you guys and gals enjoyed the read!
TURBO BUICKS FOR LIFE!

I'll be damned...found some more Indiana boys. I must be a lone wolf up here in the Fort. Haven't seen many TR's here. Must be hiding.