New: Lebanon, PA

BlackKnight87

Left Lane Card-holder
Name: Tom

Current Car: 2006 Cobalt SS (2.0L)

Intro
I do not have a GN yet, but I am in LOVE with them.
I am engaged and I've been re-prioritizing. The Cobalt was fun, but I want a reliable daily driver and a project that isn't FWD. My true passion is modding and if I'm gonna do it I might as well get a good project worth putting money into -- this means anything but FWD.
The wedding is set for next year, so, once the woman and I are finally done saving, the big day arrives, and we have dual income -- then I get to have my project.

Why the GN?
I like the nostalgic look of them. My buddy has a 1991 GMC Syclone that he is working on slowly. I Love that they aren't real old, but that they aren't new either. They are muscle with a hint of sleeper. They get to be muscle, but also turbo.
Also, these types of vehicles (syclones, typhoons, gn's) are rare enough as is -- where I come from they are even more rare, so it should get attention from those that care. Although, I did just read today that there is a Senior Member on here (cork) that is very local. And Rodimus Prime, I believe you know me as "roadrage06" from cobaltss.net.

Goals
Well. I'm a newbie, so my goals are ambitious.:rolleyes:
But I have enough experience with cars to know that things never go according to plan and are always harder than they appear.
But my goal is simple. I will continue the build until I break into the 10's.
It's always been my dream to build a car that beats most exotics. The fastest of the exotics do the 1/4 in the low 11's. The exceptions, of course, being the freaks that run in the mid to low 10's -- so I won't worry about them since they are 1 in a million.

Outro
Thanks for reading. I've already learned a lot from reading on here and have a lot more to learn, so, please point me to any of the best articles/threads that have helped you learn how the GN works and what works the best with the GN.

welcome. good luck on your wedding and you will have lots of fun with these cars as well as hard aggravating times just like bieng married. they take your money and have a good chance of getting stolen off of you.