New Impala's as fast as the SS's? NOT!

turbo84gn

I'd rather be waterskiing
I wish I had the GN, but this was still a good kill in my Eldorado (32V Northstar).

As I passed an intersection this new fwd Impala with rims and tires sticking out about 5 inches from the car pulls out, squeeling its tires. We both stopped at the next light. He sat at the light revving his motor a few times, feeling a bit cocky probably. He glanced at me, but appeared to take no notice, I guess a white Eldorado is not a challenge. I didn't floor it when the light turned, but I did take off quicker than normal in case he was doing something. He squeeled his tires when the light turned and that was the only evidence that he was trying anything! He fell back very quickly! He wouldn't pull up next to me at the next light, pulled into my lane behind me and stayed a car length back, and drove normal/slow until he finally pulled off later on.

I would have thought that the new Impala's would be better than that, unless his modifications hurt him instead of helped him!

If this were a Honda, it would have been funnier!

The base Impala's only have the 60 degree 3.4 engine, the upscale models have the 3.8 engines, still no match for a northstar. Good kill.

Impala? Didn't they stop making those in '96? Don't know what that funny looking FWD new car is.

Sure hope in another few years they don't decide to bring back the Camaro and Firebird, and do something like they did to the Impala! Northstar Cadillacs are cool though! Ate a '66 Stang w/ my parents '95 STS a few years back.....

Not only is the new Impala FWD with no power... I think it's ugly as sin and it's seems to also be smaller than the older V8 RWD 94 to 96 models... I think GM needs to get their head out of their ass and start making real performance cars that live up to their names instead of shaming their performance car image... Whatever happened to the old GM that made those fast RWD turbo V6 buicks:confused:

Those Northstars are no joke. Great motor. Good kill! LOL :D

Originally posted by nerveux
93 Mustang LX, 5-speed, (15.20 @ 93.2 mph, 2.8 60'), Flowmasters, pulleys, ram air, K&N

:eek: Something's wrong here. :confused:

Originally posted by nerveux
What's wrong with my sig?

A '93 5-speed Mustang that only went 15.20 @ 93.2? And it's even got some mods!

Something's wrong, unless it's a 4-banger.

It was my first and only time at the track. I need to practice my lauches. I got all excited and dumped the clutch and spun forever! An that was my best time. I know it's quicker than that! I need some practice. Sorry for my bad driving skills. It's not like I race all the time.

Looking at my MPH and 60' times, I know I can get more out of it. :D

Originally posted by lyonsd
The new Impalas...:rolleyes: What a disgrace to the great Impala lineage. :mad:

cant be more true. i drive them at work and they are nice cars to drive. still a discarace tho.