New Guy with an 87 From N.C.

HeloCrewChief

Hey guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I've lived in North Carolina for 5 years ever since getting stationed here. Big change from Southern California's car scene, but its grown on me. I bought a 1987 Buick Grand National from the original owner in West Virginia last December. The timing was horrible since I was leaving on another deployment to Afghanistan. but the car was perfect. Im 23 years old so I know Im a young buck, but have wanted one of these since I was 15. The original owner said the car is all original except for a shift kit and chip. The paint is still shiny but is thinning on the trunk. Really clean car and I picked it up for $5500. I took the car to the track after doing my own regular tune up on it and it ran consistent low 15's. Looking to get it into the 12's.

You must be in Fayetteville! Welcome to the board. You are not to far from BWR. If you get the GN itch you can go visit up there:biggrin:

We have a big event coming up in NC next year. Check the events section for more details!!!

You are about 1:45 from me:biggrin:

Thanks

Thanks for the invite. I have been checking out BWR since I will need some help tuning the car and such. My plan was to leave the car stock, but the GN bug has already bit. Just need to formulate a plan on what parts I need to buy. When is the event next year? I will not be back until April.

welcome

welcome to the board it's very helpful, and if your going overseas take care buddy and your service is appreciated.

welcome to the board it's very helpful, and if your going overseas take care buddy and your service is appreciated.

Agreed. Welcome aboard and thank you for your service. Shane is a great guy and JayC knows his stuff so when you get back a trip there would be worth your time for sure. Stay safe and remember to duck a lot.:biggrin:

Congratulations on the purchase, welcome to the forum, and we are in gratitude for your and other's services overseas.

Thanks for the invite. I have been checking out BWR since I will need some help tuning the car and such. My plan was to leave the car stock, but the GN bug has already bit. Just need to formulate a plan on what parts I need to buy. When is the event next year? I will not be back until April.

Come on down and see us! The NC event will be in March. There are other Buick events all year though...

God Bless you and thank you for serving our country. Be safe!

Welcome. I used to be stationed at Pope (next to Bragg) for a long time until I PCS'd last year. Then after I moved I found out there's quite a few turbo Buick folks in Fayetteville. :frown:

Where in Afghanistan are you? I served at Bagram in '06-'07 as part of OEF.