new guy needs help

dpcp66

I am not new to buick buy any means. I have worked on 455/350 stuff for some time. I have just piced up a 85 GN. My old man has a 84 with 87 power in it. I dont now much about making power with these cars. I have the general air intake exaust and chip. I would rather someone give me a list to follow. I have to rebuild the motor as there is a rod out the side of the block. I was told the car ran rally fast before her miss hap. It does have some 3" single exaust on it. I plan to put the A/c back on it and fix the motor. I would like to get this car to run in the mid to high 12's and still drive the car with no problems. If it went low 12s that would be about as fast as I want the car to go.( I have a 455 with NOS and thats the race car now) If any of you have any places for me to go or ahve a build up please let me know. I would like to know if I need a scan tool of some kind and what is the best and so on. I guess I need all of your help to get my car to run were it needs to. Thanks for listening and hope to here from all of you.
Doug:)

So are you thinking at all of dropping a 86/87 or intercooled motor in there or are you going to be building up the 85 motor?

Here is a link to performance recipes:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/recipepage.html

Personally I use Turbolink with my car, still learning the whole tuning process yet. I am sure some of the best "hot air" guys will chime in here and help ya out. Good to see another "hot air" guy on the board and building their car up.

Nick

you're in the right place...:cool:

first things first-

-walbro 340 fuel pump/hotwire kit***(this is probably the reason your block is windowed,lack of fuel)***
-adjustable fuel pressure regulator
-adjustable wastegate
-scan tool...either turbo-link or a scanmaster
-i recommend swapping in an 87 ecm/maf,then having a chip burned for your combo.