New guy in AZ. 85 GN Intercooled

diponyou

Hey guys.
Well I had been looking locally for a GN but it is pretty sparse around here, and people want too much for for some beat up project.

Looked at the neighboring states and came across squid4lifes 85 Gn that was converted to intercooled.

The plan was to try and find a GN or T in the 5k range and fix it up, but I decided to be smart with this purchase and spend a little more for a nicer car, and with the mods already done to it. This was the perfect situation for me...

Called him up and everything seems really good. Answered all my stupid questions, and sent me some videos and more pics that I asked for.

I am going to be driving up to San Diego this Saturday and picking it up and driving it back down to Tempe where I live. Should be a fun 5 hour drive.

Been lurking on here for a little while and it is easy to see that everyone seems a lot more willing to help, and much more respectful than other forums.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club! Lots of good folks here in Arizona.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club! Lots of good folks here in Arizona.
Thanks, you can congratulate me on Saturday lol.
And yeah every time I go to pavilions in Scottsdale I see multiple GNs there.
Would be nice to meet up with some local guys eventually.

Congrats! I go to ASU and live right in Tempe. I go to the pavs every once in a while.

diponyou said:
Hey guys.
Well I had been looking locally for a GN but it is pretty sparse around here, and people want too much for for some beat up project.

Looked at the neighboring states and came across squid4lifes 85 Gn that was converted to intercooled.

The plan was to try and find a GN or T in the 5k range and fix it up, but I decided to be smart with this purchase and spend a little more for a nicer car, and with the mods already done to it. This was the perfect situation for me...

Called him up and everything seems really good. Answered all my stupid questions, and sent me some videos and more pics that I asked for.

I am going to be driving up to San Diego this Saturday and picking it up and driving it back down to Tempe where I live. Should be a fun 5 hour drive.

Been lurking on here for a little while and it is easy to see that everyone seems a lot more willing to help, and much more respectful than other forums.

Hey welcome. I am in the far regions of Az down in Sierra Vista. Hit me up sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Welcome aboard!

Perhaps we'll see you out at the Pavillions some evening. Better yet, at the track, if either of them are still operating come this spring.......:(

FYI, Nick Micale has a GN and a T type for sale here locally.

Welcome aboard!

Perhaps we'll see you out at the Pavillions some evening. Better yet, at the track, if either of them are still operating come this spring.......:(

FYI, Nick Micale has a GN and a T type for sale here locally.
I will definitely be there, and I am sure by the time I feel comfortable taking the car to the track they will both be closed.:(

Welcome to the site. Lots of good info here and great people too. Post a few pictures when you get it. :)

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Welcome to the site. Lots of good info here and great people too. Post a few pictures when you get it. :)

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard
Thanks, I go get it tomorrow. I will definitely get some pics up. Although I am sure most people on this site have already seen it lol.

Thanks, I go get it tomorrow. I will definitely get some pics up. Although I am sure most people on this site have already seen it lol.
Not only seen it, but was trying to get the money together for it when I saw your post:( and as soon as I saw the title of your post I knew she was gone!:) Cheers!

turbotroy said:
Not only seen it, but was trying to get the money together for it when I saw your post:( and as soon as I saw the title of your post I knew she was gone!:) Cheers!

Thought you were leavin to state cause your wanted by the police!!

turbotroy said:
Nah, that's my evil twin they're looking for! Any updates on your car, Clint?

Able to control timing via XFI now while running TR6

turbotroy said:
Nah, that's my evil twin they're looking for! Any updates on your car, Clint?

P.S. heading to Firebird in the morning!!