New guy from Rochester, NY

Mattthias

Hello everyone. My name is Matt and I am from Rochester, NY. I just purchased a :

1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4

I am not new to G-Body cars but this is my first Turbo Regal! I have only driven it 3x around the block as it is not registered yet. This is going to be a lot of fun!

I can't wait to read the many threads on this site and I am sure I will have a bunch of questions! I have some now but I will read and explore before I ask!

Thanks for having me!

Will do! They will be garage pics for now. Snowing like heck out today. Fortunately it is not sticking to the pavement. I hope they don't salt more!!! Ugh!!!!

Hello everyone. My name is Matt and I am from Rochester, NY. I just purchased a :

1987 Buick Regal T-Type WE4

I am not new to G-Body cars but this is my first Turbo Regal! I have only driven it 3x around the block as it is not registered yet. This is going to be a lot of fun!

I can't wait to read the many threads on this site and I am sure I will have a bunch of questions! I have some now but I will read and explore before I ask!

Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the site! I'm also from Buffalo. There are quite a few guys in your area. I hang with the Rochester people more than Buffalo. Keep in touch we have some things already in the works for spring.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I couldn't believe it when I looked outside and there was giant snow flakes falling lol

Hello, I am right near ya. Phil Bassage (pdzz) is the man around our area if you need work done. PM me if you want his phone number. Super nice guy!

Joe

Welcome, I'm in Greece. Looking forward to a summer of playing with my car. Like you I'm not new to the G body, had a monte, cutlass, and now the GN. But I've been around my car for 20 years even though I only got it from my mother last June. I've had many cars, and trucks faster than the Grand National, but it's just something about it that makes me smile every time the turbo spools. Welcome again and look forward to meeting you this summer.

Scott

If this crap weather ever ends. I have to get the intercooler back in and waiting on coolant tubes to come in. Other than that, I ready to go.

Welcome , I'm on the east side in Ontario just the other side of Webster , but I work at the GM plant on Lexington & Mt. Read . Myself and wb's87 are taking our cars to the 2015 Buick Race Day and BPG Event in Norwalk Ohio at the end of may . If you can , you should go check it out !!! Sam

Welcome , I'm on the east side in Ontario just the other side of Webster , but I work at the GM plant on Lexington & Mt. Read . Myself and wb's87 are taking our cars to the 2015 Buick Race Day and BPG Event in Norwalk Ohio at the end of may . If you can , you should go check it out !!! Sam
I will look that up! I drive through Ontario daily! It's funny we do the opposite as far as where we live and where we work. Thanks!

Finally got to upload a few pics!

Car the day I picked it up! Only last Sunday. :D

Home in the garage after a 3 hour trailer ride, thanks to my good friend Greg!

The car came with 2 new rear tires, new sun visors (have to install all), new front & rear rubber bumper stops, 2 piece rear bumper fillers and car cover. I ordered and received today a new set of hood gas struts as the originals would not hold the hood up. I have not insured or registered the car yet but hopefully in the next couple of weeks. The weather has still been crappy so I haven't gone too antsy yet. :( I have only driven it around the block approximately 5 times. This weekend hopefully get around to install the new items and change the oil. I got the Royal Purple with their filter. I bought it online from Pep Boys and after their sale the oil was $6/qt. I'm going to have to do the spring cleaning one step at a time for now due to expense. The car seems to have been taken care of very well and appears to be totally stock minus the wheels and stereo. I can't wait to have some fun with this car and enjoy some cruises with it!!

:woot:

Be careful with the Royal Purple. There is actually a thread going right now about problems with it. I ran it in my camaro and oil pressure dropped off horribly. Came out like water after about 20 miles. I run valvoline VR1. Might just have been me, but I had 50 psi idle before with 15w40, 5 psi with royal purple 10w40 and back to 40 with 10w40 valvoline. Also get yourself some ZDDPLUS additive just to be on the save side with the flat tappet cam.
Car looks great. Where did you get it from?

Be careful with the Royal Purple. There is actually a thread going right now about problems with it. I ran it in my camaro and oil pressure dropped off horribly. Came out like water after about 20 miles. I run valvoline VR1. Might just have been me, but I had 50 psi idle before with 15w40, 5 psi with royal purple 10w40 and back to 40 with 10w40 valvoline. Also get yourself some ZDDPLUS additive just to be on the save side with the flat tappet cam.
Car looks great. Where did you get it from?

So do you think I should return it and get the VR1?

I bought the RP because I hear it is good stuff. Never would I usually buy such expensive synthetic oil (use Mobil 1 Synthetic in my Monte). It seems like from what I read the proper oil to use is preference and is similar to a Ford vs Chevy and Pepsi vs Coca Cola. I also do not personally know anyone with a turbo car (except now) and am willing to hear an experienced person's opinion (such as yourself). I have no problem with switching it. I just want is right for this car. What weight do you recommend?

I ran across the ad for the car on CL Binghamton. I happened to be looking for another Monte and wanted a built up SS. I was driving through the area on a car search and it was on the way home. About 45 minutes after being there looking at the T-Type I put down a deposit and then picked it up the next day. Funny how things work out like that.

This is my second Regal. My first one was an 84. Normal 231 V6. I came out of work one day to find glass on the ground where the car was parked. It took 3 hours for RPD to show up and take a report (no exaggeration - called a little after 3pm and they arrived around 6:15pm). Car was found the next day on Oscar Street (off N.Clinton). It was stripped and deemed a total loss by the IC as the steering column was broke along with the rear window and some other damage that was minor. It really sucks too because it was a North Carolina car and was very clean. I ended up selling it to a neighbor of mine at the time who tubbed it out and turned it into a drag car.

This car will have a steering column guard on it for sure! I know nothing is fool proof but knowing first hand that these cars can be take in under 25 seconds I need to help protect it. One or two quick blows with a hammer on the the column by the signal area and a flat head to pull the bar towards the steering wheel and presto "ignition".

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.