New Grand National ???

Here is the artical.

GMI generally avoids pure rumors...however this one is too neat to let pass!

It is well known that Buick's Velite concept is a preview of the upcoming Buick Riviera. This car is the same platform that will undepin the upcoming "sporty Chevy coupe", and in a lengthened version the 2007 Pontiac GTO. It is also known that Buicks in the future will have exotic/high tech V6 engines rather than pushrod V6's and V8's like other GM cars. Most people have been assuming a production Riviera would be powered by your average Buick V6's....however rumor has it there is more. The more is that Buick is seriously considering producing a version of a Riviera/Zeta powered by an engine similar to the twin-turbo 400 hp 3.6L V6 in the Velite concept. This car would be called the Buick Grand National! How similar this car will be to the production Riviera, and the exact powertrain are unknown....but there is definatly "chatter" on the idea.

The above is a rumor....i.e. Not 100% factual. Things change daily at GM, so the above may or may not happen. Please remember that when refering to the above article.

I been watching how buick ha been messibg with that twin turbo v6 for a while and been thinking that once they get the gto chassis it would probly be buicks chioce motor

donno about it being grand national...would cause confusion but Im sure its what they have in mind while designing the car

either way if they build a rear drive twin turbo sedan It may be the only car that has ever made me think of buying a new one

if buick went with a GN name again, i guess our friend would lose some of his turbo 6 rights? born again trademark :p