New GN owner here

Well everyone....I finally decided to move to Charlotte, NC (Mecklenburg county I believe). I saw some houses that I like with a garage (woot, no more working outside) so I'll start crunching numbers and see how they look and if its going to work for me. Thanks to everyone for helping me make the transition a bit easier...now if I can just take this uniform off and start working a 9-5. LOL Well see. Anyone recommend a nice bar or restaurant to go to out there...I can only imagine all the ones they have...but I'm looking for a few that have good reviews.

Thanks,
Ray

The bars and restaurants are in multitude in the area. What kind of food? I can recommend some of the best!! Let me know when you're in the area, we'll hook up @ the shop, and grab lunch or something.

Keith

1st I must say thank you for your service to our country.

now comes the smart a$$ in me, you are choosing the right area of NC to own a TR. had you considered the greensboro area you would have a very hard time getting some decent #'s out of your new pride & joy.:biggrin: here in the charlotte area we know how to get cars to run a respectable ET & MPH. don't worry greensboro/triad you know I'm just harassing you, y'all don't need to go to Clint whining & crying.:eek:

1st I must say thank you for your service to our country.

now comes the smart a$$ in me, you are choosing the right area of NC to own a TR. had you considered the greensboro area you would have a very hard time getting some decent #'s out of your new pride & joy.:biggrin: here in the charlotte area we know how to get cars to run a respectable ET & MPH. don't worry greensboro/triad you know I'm just harassing you, y'all don't need to go to Clint whining & crying.:eek:

why would us triad folks go to clint whining and crying? i think we have to put up with clint........ :)

Well guys and gals looks like everything is working out as planned and I'll be rolling down to NC this weekend. Hopefully the T storms doesn't actually stop me from moving. But the GN will be in the garage on Friday night. So...maybe sometime later on this month after I get all the parts on I'll bring her out and see what she can do. Need to save up for my vacation cause I know I need one, feels good to be back though....probably down in GA or SC.

Hope to see some of you guys out there..

What part of Charlotte? If you're east, out towards the Matthews area, you're not to far away from my neck-o-the woods.

I'm right off 85 near exit 41. Still trying to get my feel for the area. I stayed up for the past 36 hours (you can probably say Military Style with about a cat nap or two). I packed up everything, drove down and then moved everything into the New house....Now I can finally get some rest and love going down to the garage with a new addition to the house....the GN.

The funniest part of the day was actually sitting in the driveway looking at the work that would need to be done to the car and how long it would actually take me to install all the new parts I have for the car. While I was sitting there thinking the Dish TV guy rolls by and asks if I was allowed to have the Dish installed...then he saw the GN was like..."wow..is that a Grand National", I replied "Yes it is." so we talked for a bit and I was actually suprised that the first person that saw the car after I opened the garage doors knew what it was. Well after along day working and moving and driving....it actually felt nice to see that work I would be doing....would be well worth it in the end.

One last note....I actually put my friend on the GN bug since he has a 85 regal and was looking into doing a GN engine swap, but was always second guessing himself on doing it because he thinks he'll loose the fun factor....lol. I told him to just wait till he actually got to ride in one...then he can decide that. Hopefully someone here can change his mind.

Thanks,

Keith

this is my everyday beater :) with a little bit of umph........

Wow... I've never seen that body style or year Conquest TSI before... :biggrin: Those Talon/Eclipse's do make for a killer D.D. though!!

K.