New engine blew head gasket

I've been thru my share of cometics with no bearing damage, when things get hot and start to melt, the engine may never see detonation.

the stonger gasket usually moves the damage down into the piston area most of the time.it can torch the deck and gasket leaving the piston undamaged.those graphite gaskets giving out stopped alot of potential damge.i have put alot of boost and ran up to a 50shot on a graphite gasket.

the stonger gasket usually moves the damage down into the piston area most of the time.it can torch the deck and gasket leaving the piston undamaged.those graphite gaskets giving out stopped alot of potential damge.i have put alot of boost and ran up to a 50shot on a graphite gasket.

For sure For the OP the gasket letting go was a blessing in disquise. It looks like it was a fueling/tuning issue.

Update - Engine was pulled, heads had to be skimmed, cometic gaskets installed, engine back in car.
It costs me $75 for the head work, engine builder charged $200 to tear down engine, install the gaskets and put engine back together, a friend pulled and installed the engine for $500.
A lot less than Dale Cherry.
Next step is getting the engine tuned.
Where can the injectors be sent to be cleaned and insure flowing correctly?

Update - Engine was pulled, heads had to be skimmed, cometic gaskets installed, engine back in car.
It costs me $75 for the head work, engine builder charged $200 to tear down engine, install the gaskets and put engine back together, a friend pulled and installed the engine for $500.
A lot less than Dale Cherry.
Next step is getting the engine tuned.
Where can the injectors be sent to be cleaned and insure flowing correctly?
Chuck Leeper here on this board does injectors

Glad you got it done for a reasonable price. Here is my advice. If you don't have a fuel pressure gauge visible while driving...GET ONE! Also, from personal experience, I've had Walbro pumps fail within a year. So, like others here have alluded to....very good chance you need a new fuel pump.

Oh, one more thing. I also have Cometic gaskets. Passenger side leaked coolant. A couple Cadillac tablets in the radiator fixed it. I've heard of others having the same issue.

Oh, one more thing. I also have Cometic gaskets. Passenger side leaked coolant. A couple Cadillac tablets in the radiator fixed it. I've heard of others having the same issue.

Thanks for the info.
The car is in storage until it get a little warmer here in Pennsylvania.