New drag strip in ct

jimmag

Am thinking about building a drag strip in Ct .Set it up as a non-profit with a board to manage it. I don't know what it would cost or where we could put it . I'd like to get a group to brain storm this and see if it's feasable.
Signing the "petition " or waiting for the Indians is absured. Do we want to be victims of what other people might do ,do we want to let it happen (which it won't) or do we want to MAKE IT HAPPEN. Please e-mail me if your interested Jim Maguire

jimmaguire3@hotmail.com

Good luck with that.:wink: Where would you put it??? Nobody wants one in their back yard. Indians is about the only way you could get one in this damn state. If they could somehow incorporate it with gambling they might be interested.;)

Im sick of the 2 hour way ride through connecticut / Mass / new york its about 100 miles 1way for me . I generally have to leave before 3pm to get there around 5ish to get teched in before 6pm which is when racing starts to sometimes have racing end around 9ish to drive home a couple more hours and another 100 miles just to race for a few hours! $40-50 in gas even before you fuel up( methanol or race gas)

Also 100' drags dont count in my book as racing in CT either

You would feel even sicker if you think about the actual SECONDS you spend on the track.

100 ft drags is a joke, made the mistake of attending as a spectator, would rather watch paint dry or grass grow than attend again.

Good luck bringing anything to do with motorsports to anywhere in this country without a huge bankroll.

My FIL, God rest his soul, tried to bring a dirt track to his tiny unincorporated township on 40 of his 80+ acres, distant from but near cities. The uproar from the nearby resident's and village left it impossible. The attorney's said it would take 10-yrs and at least a million$$$ to ever see it through from there...

But I wish you all the best luck where you are...

Now with all the new power Obama just gave to the EPA, it's going to be even tougher.
Is massachusettes a possibility or is it too far?
The old Army base, Fort Devens is or was always looking for new business + Industry.Just a suggestion.It's also right off of rt 2 for easy access,+ not too far from boston (about 40 mins) + worcester (About 25 mins)

Hope you guys can get one built. You got plenty of people that would use it from that area. I thank God we got NED here in NH. 40 minute ride for me to it.